• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chase Fischer

The funny thing is that, even though their games are completely different, I think Tony and Nikita are pretty similar in their roles on the team -- both of them have comical weaknesses (TC's jumpshot and lack of court vision, Nikita's finishing ability and lack of body control), but still might be a bit underrated because they are tough players who throw their bodies around.

And both of them could be useful if they would just play within themselves. I wish Tony were less of a leader -- he demands the ball too much when we're starting our offense (often at CJ's expense)

I swear sometimes Nikita thinks he's an all star on the globetrotters or something. It's hilarious because he tries these fancy moves to horrific outcomes. The behind the back pass to two ASU players was a good example of this.

Fields clearly has better vision and looks to the outside scorers when he drives a lot of the time. If he could develop a little floater to become a threat, he would be really useful. Wish he was getting a few more minutes in the last couple games.

As good as Fischer and Desrosiers were last night, Chennault was at the other end of the spectrum. He got out of position defensively and forced some really bad plays on the offensive end. We need a lot more out of him going forward.

As good as Fischer and Desrosiers were last night, Chennault was at the other end of the spectrum. He got out of position defensively and forced some really bad plays on the offensive end. We need a lot more out of him going forward.

I think FYC perfectly summed up TC's game -- "He tries to bull rush the basket everytime he has the ball. Sometimes it works." Unfortunately, it's a lot less likely to work against competent opponents.

It's his lack of court vision is just astounding to me, though. How can your starting point guard have the worst court vision of anyone on you team?

Nope. Teague sulking around like a sad 1st-grader whenever he didn't have the ball in his hands ruined the chemistry of our last good team.

But here is neither the time or the place. Good playing Chase.

Right on. I'd never imagine this kind of hating on Ish. One of my all-time favorite Deacs. It was Ish who had the GREAT attitude, giving up his spot without any sulking when Teague had those breakout games. It was Teague who quickly came to believe he was the only player on the team and kept driving into three defenders over and over.

Right on. I'd never imagine this kind of hating on Ish. One of my all-time favorite Deacs. It was Ish who had the GREAT attitude, giving up his spot without any sulking when Teague had those breakout games. It was Teague who quickly came to believe he was the only player on the team and kept driving into three defenders over and over.

Well that's just not accurate at all. If anything, that's exactly the opposite of what the criticism is. We'd probably have been more successful if that's what Teague had done.

Well that's just not accurate at all. If anything, that's exactly the opposite of what the criticism is. We'd probably have been more successful if that's what Teague had done.

Yea, I remember being mad at his passive nature.

Sure would be nice to have a PG who could consistently hit an open 18 footer...It has been a while.

Can CMM shoot?

ugh... he's so awful.

I was thinking about this last night ... have we ever had a player worse than TC who got legit run for us, let alone started for more than a game or two? William Stringfellow maybe (I can't remember how much he played)? He is absolutely horrendous.

Back