• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread ♥️ : Support Academic & Railroad Labor! Fuck antisemitism in all forms!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was shocked when I got to Wake and met people who had never met a Jewish person before. I was aware that I grew up in an area that was very Jewish relative to the rest of country, but it was still shocking.

My own culture shock after moving away from the NYC metro area for the first time was learning that Puerto Rican and Dominican people were not everywhere. I had always just assumed that like 75% of Latino people were Caribbean.

Last edited:
I travelled outside my holler so I met people but until college I did not have any nonwhite friends other than the son of the family who owned the only hotel in my county.

My wife, who exercises more than anyone I know, turned to me yesterday afternoon to tell me (quite seriously), "I feel very achy in my joints and I think I may have an auto-immune disease."

This is a day after a workout in which we did a bunch of running, relatively heavy squat cleans, and pull-ups.

Bitch, you sore.

She is perpetually convinced that she has some huge medical issue. Meanwhile, I get winded about 10 seconds into every workout.
takes one day off

"I need to get back in shape."

Has an extra yogurt at lunch

"I ate like shit today. I need to start taking my nutrition seriously."

These are the conversation starters I get to work with, so I feel you.

She gets freaked out by any type of soreness that's not symmetrical, so this usually sparks the injury/illness conversations.

She works way harder than me and it shows though, so I'm not complaining.

my daily inhaler is a steroid

isn't it just a broad term for a class of drugs?
yeah. Steroids are basically high dose anti-inflammatories. Usually prescribed in a short course but there are certain medical conditions (like some auto-immune diseases) that necessitate long term steroid use.

What exactly did he tell his doctor was wrong with him?
Well, he's was diagnosed as a kid with rheumatoid arthritis and has dealt with issues from that his whole life. I think it could have something to do with that. I'll see if I can get the full scoop of what he said and how it all went down.

I can't talk my wife into camping for more than 2 nights at Carolina Beach State Park over spring break so we're compromising on half camping and then 3 days in Myrtle Beach at a place with the indoor waterpark stuff for the kids but it has so far proved impossible to find one of those places which will also allow my dogs.

Well, he's was diagnosed as a kid with rheumatoid arthritis and has dealt with issues from that his whole life. I think it could have something to do with that. I'll see if I can get the full scoop of what he said and how it all went down.

Just take hydroxychloroquine.

I can't talk my wife into camping for more than 2 nights at Carolina Beach State Park over spring break so we're compromising on half camping and then 3 days in Myrtle Beach at a place with the indoor waterpark stuff for the kids but it has so far proved impossible to find one of those places which will also allow my dogs.
only NC beach camping I've done is Bear Island

was out there for a gnarly storm once and we had to post up on one of the building porches overnight to ride it out

only NC beach camping I've done is Bear Island

was out there for a gnarly storm once and we had to post up on one of the building porches overnight to ride it out
Camped at the OBX when I was in boy scouts. Poured rain like every god damn night. It fucking sucked. Last night most of us piled up in the bus cause we were fucking done.

I need some feedback from the CT here.

I slept from 730P - 1AM last night, then stayed away until falling back asleep at 6:30AM, and getting up for good at 8. How many hours of sleep can I claim last night? Does my 5.5 you're of jacking off break the 2 sleep sessions apart enough to where I can't count the 1.5 hrs this morning?

I need some feedback from the CT here.

I slept from 730P - 1AM last night, then stayed away until falling back asleep at 6:30AM, and getting up for good at 8. How many hours of sleep can I claim last night? Does my 5.5 you're of jacking off break the 2 sleep sessions apart enough to where I can't count the 1.5 hrs this morning?
Sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back