• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 1: Raptors in Walmart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With one exception, the inability to copy and paste pictures in. Needz to do some google searching to see if there is a way to make that possible.

I've been enjoying playing around with this new software. It's sooooo much better than the USS(cout)R boards.

lolz glad you feel that way as that has combined with a more free and democratically run board with active mods are our main drawing factors. Let me know if you have any suggestions to improve it too bro.

At launch I think we should tell a lot of people we know who've never posted on the other boards before that may be interested as well.

When we do open this up I'd like to have a tacked thread where people can make suggestions on what we can do to improve the site for the first month or so.

As I'm talking to people to try to recruit them to our site I always ask if they have any suggestions of what they would like here.

Search function and signature lines are the most common answers.

When we do open this up I'd like to have a tacked thread where people can make suggestions on what we can do to improve the site for the first month or so.

As I'm talking to people to try to recruit them to our site I always ask if they have any suggestions of what they would like here.

Search function and signature lines are the most common answers.

For sure, that's a good idea. Prob need to put one on each individual forum since some people only post on one of the forums.

Oh god no signature lines plz. We can do a poll on that one, but that shit is really annoying.

Well, we need to keep sig lines off at first too, since I imagine about 90% of our initial posters are going to just have #BzzOut as theirs. That will not be helpful in getting other posters over. And lets face it, this thing has become much bigger than Bzz now.

Sig lines need to be limited, but can be cool. Sig pics are the devil.

This.

Ruh roh. Just noticed if you quote a person that quoted you don't get the original quote.

So the epic "What. Is. That." quote trees wouldn't work here at the moment. Can that be fixed?

Well, we need to keep sig lines off at first too, since I imagine about 90% of our initial posters are going to just have #BzzOut as theirs. That will not be helpful in getting other posters over. And lets face it, this thing has become much bigger than Bzz now.

Stop trying to silence my #BuzzOUT! baby! I have nurtured and cared for that thing for months now. :ninja:

This.

Ruh roh. Just noticed if you quote a person that quoted you don't get the original quote.

So the epic "What. Is. That." quote trees wouldn't work here at the moment. Can that be fixed?
Yeah, I figured that out last night. However, I will say I post a lot on another board that does the same thing, and it's very rarely a bad thing. In fact, it usually is better because old people suck at deleting quotes of quotes that don't need to be there anymore.

The limitations, however, are that you can't create epic what.is.that boxes and you also can't often catch up on a conversation chain by reading one giant quotebox.

Sig lines, even initially, are big - it's an obvious thing for people to point to, like the search function. If people want to make their sig #BuzzOut or #BuzzIn or whatever, that's up to them. This board is bigger than Buzz true - but it's also bigger than trying to control what/how people think.

FWIW, my sig won't be #BuzzOut.

Just my 2 cents.

Whoa. Bullwinkle is pissed. Did Rocky bang his girl Jerry Braswell style?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back