• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 1: Raptors in Walmart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
14 interviews for one position? Wow.

It's a crushing blow to get turned down after just 1 interview.

Really wish I could have been turned down one of the other 6 times that we interacted.

Seriously, 7 separate interactions and 14 total interviews. Who the F does that?

Worst week ever.

Sitting in bed with my inflamed kidney and pneumonia, I find out that I will not be receiving a job offer after my 14 interviews with this company.

I've got to get out of this house or else I may find out the answer to how much vicodin is too much.

I'm sorry man. It probably isn't much consolation, but it happens to all of us, don't worry.

pretty sure all the runners in my high school were like 5'4" max and like 100 lbs max. I'm bigger than that. And I am thinner now than I was in high school. Still feel like the fat kid when I show up to races anyway.

also knowing what you look like, this statement makes me feel like a fat kid.

then again, you could run miles-long circles around me so it may well be true.

For the record, I was unemployed for the first year out of school and was way overqualified for the jobs I was applying for.

When I actually did get a call and an interview for the job I ended up accepting, it was for a position I'd applied for 8 months earlier with no word in between.

So, you know, you could always be surprised?

Worst part about it all is they woke me up at 8:30 in the morning to tell me this? WTF? Who wants to start their day off getting an f'ing phone call like that? At least let me get some coffee or something in me. And I don't even drink coffee.

Nonny, I feel for you man. Shit sucks. But the good news is that you were competing against all sorts of people with mathy/businessy degrees and pwning.

Also, these boards move so fast, I can't look away or I'll miss something.

Nonny, I feel for you man. Shit sucks. But the good news is that you were competing against all sorts of people with mathy/businessy degrees and pwning.

Also, these boards move so fast, I can't look away or I'll miss something.

That's my worry. 90% of the positions I'm looking at have "business or finance degree required" on the job posting.

Really sucks if you stray outside the Wake Way:

Science --> Med School
Poly Sci --> Law School
Business --> Real World Jobs
All others --> Grad School

But don't worry, you can always pay $50,000+ more to Wake and do our management program.

That sucks, nonny. Something will pop up for you. No doubt.

But 14 different interviews is absurd. Those guys are assholes.

Lulz at the management program. Do they have any scholarships for that?

The management program is a waste. I know a couple of people who went through it and...well they were dumb.

Lulz at the management program. Do they have any scholarships for that?

Yeah, but the curriculum and entire program seems quite ehh to me.

Module 1: Developing Personal Competencies
Module 2: Developing Managerial Competencies
Module 3: Managing Across Functions
Module 4: Competing Successfully in a Global Environment

I'm sure it's great for some people but from what I've heard is one of those things for kids who never got internships and lots of real world experience, and thus use this as a compensation.

Sorry to hear about the job Nonny. Just keep sticking with it - if you made it that far in interviewing with this company, when you don't have the business/finance background, you're bound to find something somewhere!

TWDeac, or another runner, would you consider doing a Pit Boss lecture on interval training or something similar that incorporates it? I think it would be interesting.

Yeh i would think the management program would generally be considered a waste of money... my employers have been confused by applicants who had that on their resume.
Good luck on the job search

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back