• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: 10s: HOF, 20s: kid kungfu sphincter paralysis, 50: Chick-fill-A-hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my all-time favorite memories from childhood was doing the cliff walk in Newport, right by all those old mansions, and, I'm probably making this up now based on fantasy and memory, but my brother and I go ahead of the rest of the family and were just chilling, lying down on one of the lawns. We were like, "man, it'd be cool if someone was blasting some tunes right now," and one of us was like, "yeah, like, Houses of the Holy or something," and then BANG, "Rain Song" starts blaring from one of the big ass mansions, I SWEAR (sort of -- I'd have to talk to him to confirm). Anyway, it was something like that. We definitely heard "Rain Song" whilst lying down on the lawn of a giant ass mansion in Newport, I just forget if there was that crazy synchronicity, or it just came on and we were happy because House of the Holy was my favorite record as a kid.

Are you sure you and your bro hadn't blazed one before you "heard" Zeppelin?

My bro got me high quite QUITE young, but not that young. I couldn't have been 10 yet on this trip, probably younger, 7 or 8 or something -- still a couple of years before the blazing began.

Last edited:
Man, I know I'm stating the obvious here, but inspired by Biff I have put on Houses of the Holy, and Holy shit, John Bonham, every track. Feel, rhythm, POWER. Every track.

Wow, this remastered No Quarter is very remastered, huh? Huh.

went to Momofuku in Vegas last week and they played ABB Fillmore East followed by Houses of the Holy in their entirety. good soundtrack imo.

Note to self: Do not fuck with Bernice !

Maybe if you have no pain tolerance. Guys like me and RJ get shots...we don't even feel the needle going on...Feels like a little baby is ticking our arm with its silky smooth fingers.

those who have planned weddings recently, what is the stupidest cost?

the venue prices I've heard are just outrageous

-Venue prices are dumb, and even more dumb when you add food/drink minimums onto an already-outrageous venue cost.

I don't know about stupidest cost in the sense that they're overpriced, but things that cost more money than I think they're worth (but others care about a lot so they pay $$$ for it): floral centerpieces/arrangements, super fancy invitations, pretty much any decoration things/renting crap just to have well-orchestrated crap everywhere (read: all the shabby-chic rusty barn accessories that people rent to just prop in a corner somewhere), bands/DJs.

Thing I didn't spend for and wish I had: A day-of coordinator. It would have been nice to have someone else there to answer questions/keep things moving.

Things I think are worth the money: good food, good cake, good photographer (do research to actually get someone who will take the kinds of photos you want and who will edit them in a way you like).

Maybe if you have no pain tolerance. Guys like me and RJ get shots...we don't even feel the needle going on...Feels like a little baby is ticking our arm with its silky smooth fingers.

have you had a vaccine before? your fucking arm hurts after, not from the needle prick

Yeah but how often do you look at your 100s of photos you spent 1000s of dollars on. A couple decent wedding shots put up in the house tops. Same with pictures in general, take picture, post picture or send picture, people see once, never seen again.

We have the computer hooked up to the TV, and the screensaver runs through our wedding photos. I've seen everyone in the family (self, husband, and both stepkids) just sit there and watch the photos for at least a few minutes before turning on the TV.

have you had a vaccine before? your fucking arm hurts after, not from the needle prick

Just had it done a few weeks ago. I get it done every year. I truly can't feel the pain during or after. Probably because I had to get shots every couple of weeks from the time I was 4-16 due to a childhood illness. Maybe i'm just immune to the pain.

Guys like me and RJ can take a hit and get back up.

God you’re dumb. They’re talking about the soreness from the vaccine itself, not trauma from the needle prick. It has nothing to do with the needle.

What possesses someone to write the word “powered” as “power’d?”

God you’re dumb. They’re talking about the soreness from the vaccine itself, not trauma from the needle prick. It has nothing to do with the needle.

No shit NERD. I’m talkin bout both! No pain here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back