• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: 10s: HOF, 20s: kid kungfu sphincter paralysis, 50: Chick-fill-A-hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, football team loses the same weekend the bball team wins? worst case scenario for any Wake Forester waving the old black and gold!

I’m starting to worry that I need shoulder surgery so I’m acting like a grown up and ignoring the pain and refusing to go to the doctor.

Obviously I have no idea what your issue is, but for me it was a torn labrum in each shoulder. Did the surgeries a couple of years apart... Left first, then right. Rehab took a long time (especially for the right shoulder), but a few years out and it feels great. No issues today... Maybe a loss in flexibility, but that's never really been a strong suit.

shoulder stuff is no fun

had to do physical therapy twice on mine

the worst is the accompanying neck pain for overcompensating on the shoulders

I dislocated my shoulder 7 or 8 years ago while wakeboarding. Hadn't done it in a few years when I used to do it just about every day in middle and high schools. First run of the week and tried a trick I had done about a million times and I fell awkwardly.

Still have slight pain there every once in a while. Looking forward to the arthritis.

I've been rehabbing a hamstring issue for about a month now. Was supposed to run the Richmond half this weekend but will now just jog it with my wife. We'll see how 13 miles at 11 minute pace goes.

Hate to tell you, but the only way for a hamstring to get healed is to rest it. It's tough because sometimes it feels good but isn't.

That and the extensive PT I've been doing, but yeah. It was kinda on the line between grade 1 and grade 2 strain. Thanks a lot to WakeTheUniverse for spraying one too many long through balls down the wing in our soccer game making me chase.

I've been rehabbing a hamstring issue for about a month now. Was supposed to run the Richmond half this weekend but will now just jog it with my wife. We'll see how 13 miles at 11 minute pace goes.

I'm headed up to Richmond to do meetings on Thursday & Friday w/ a co-worker that is running the half.

Not sticking around for Saturday, though.

Looks like a fun route for a half. Enjoy!

Did the full two years ago, it's beautiful.

Hardywood is the real draw though. I've also heard good things about Vasen.

I've found PT to be expensive and time consuming. After a couple of weeks, you know the exercises and can work the E-stim machine yourself if you think it does any good.

The hardest part about my recovery is always not being a hard headed fuck and jumping back into it to early. I don’t know if it’s because I hate sitting around or am a product of the play through pain generation, but it’s a stupid and counterproductive situation and it keeps me dealing with nagging injuries much longer than I should be.

Our health insurance plan is self funded by our company and is really good so my PT is cheap out of pocket. Bernie trying to fuck all that up.

But yea I just went for two weeks and then did the exercises at home. Not as grueling as recovering from knee surgery in middle school, but painful.

The hardest part about my recovery is always not being a hard headed fuck and jumping back into it to early. I don’t know if it’s because I hate sitting around or am a product of the play through pain generation, but it’s a stupid and counterproductive situation and it keeps me dealing with nagging injuries much longer than I should be.

Yep. Thing is I have all winter to sit on my lazy ass and not exercise, I just want to do this one last thing.

I've found PT to be expensive and time consuming. After a couple of weeks, you know the exercises and can work the E-stim machine yourself if you think it does any good.

the worst are those PT mills where they have like three patients per therapist

my second time through I went through a university clinic and had one-on-one work with the PT -- was a much better use of my time

Well, you have a little more training to get up to an ironman. :)

The son of a fellow friend of 1976Deac and me came in 50something in his age group at the World Championship Ironman Triathalon in HI last month. He kinda got screwed because they have a rule that you are in the age group even if you haven't reached that b'day yet. It's if it's in the same year.

What was more impressive is that the WC was only his second attempt at an ironman.

You have a target to shoot at. :)

A humorous aside happened at the national championship was after winning his age group a bike company approached him for a "sponsorship". They said they would sponsor him and let him buy one of their racing bikes for only $4000 versus the $7500 or so sticker price. He could promote them by paying them. What a great idea!

there are some posters who get really angry about Wake basketball but also seem to watch most games -- racer is the example coming to mind

I do not understand that behavior

there are some posters who get really angry about Wake basketball but also seem to watch most games -- racer is the example coming to mind

I do not understand that behavior

do people really read the KP reports of all these random-ass teams we play?

The key to avoiding shoulder injuries is is to stop worrying about vanity muscles after you hit age 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back