• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 111 - NO LONGER ANARCHY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, so I just looked up my rather common Scottish name on Facebook and there's some bad musician who has my name who has 24,000 likes and his second solo album was given a 7 rating by Pitchfork. And a gay man and he's got HIV.

it's an intense, angry record of inconsolable heartbreak, crooned with authority over luscious electro

I wonder if my friends from high school are Googling me and finding this dude and thinking it's me.

my name is super common. good for employer google searching.

25 peeps with my name on linked in for instance.

yo ct, im down to 240 lbs. holler. was up to 265 at one point. havent checked in at 240 since before i graduated hs.

25 people on LinkedIn with my name
A famous graphic artist who did a lot of comic book covers
A dude at Bank of America
The 5th Google result is my twitter account.
The 7th is my YouTube channel

There are 4 with my name on Linked In. My name is more common than people think. Last name is memorable (first name very common) and I'm always getting "oh do you know so and so person with your last name?" nope sure don't.

googling my name does nothing as my first and middle name (the one i go by) are common and my last name is an object that is often in need of repair. so you get a lot of "first/middle name's last name repair."

my last name is not as common because it's an older spelling; most people who came across the great blue sea shortened it by a letter. that said, because my first name is so common, there are still 25 professionals on linkedin who share my name.

growing up there were two families with our last name in the phone book. then the other guy got convicted of murder, including the huge headline in the paper: "[Last name] Guilty of Murder" in the paper. now there is only one in the phone book.

I have a pretty common name. There's a European soccer player with my name and a couple PhD's out there.

Just checked, the soccer player spells the first name differently (the wrong way) and played for Manchester City back in 2004.

my last name is not as common because it's an older spelling; most people who came across the great blue sea shortened it by a letter. that said, because my first name is so common, there are still 25 professionals on linkedin who share my name.

Those bastards at Ellis Islands made us drop the the O' from O'_____ to just _____ when my great-x4-grandfather Shamus* O'____ fled the motherland due to the potato famine.

*probably not the correct name

ellis dropped a while mess of letters in my grandmother's maiden name. (the only thing close to an ethnic name anywhere in my family)

ellis island definitely changed our name but it is a consonant different than a spelling that i commonly see.

no linkedin for me. yuck.

my grandmother told me it was our doing, but it coulda been Ellis, but we had to make ours less German sounding. originally it was the spelling of a common German word.

my grandmother told me it was our doing, but it coulda been Ellis, but we had to make ours less German sounding. originally it was the spelling of a common German word.

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back