• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 12: WILLY NILLY!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
People like this are fucking stupid. Its a shame they can't suffer in place of their daughter.

I know... it's entirely frustrating. My sister-in-law also wanted a natural birth and, against the doctor's orders, would not accept inducement of labor when it wasn't going well. She tried sitting in a kiddie pool, etc... the baby then had to stay in the hospital for ~2 weeks afterwards because she was sick due to meconium (sitting in her own poop in the womb). She doesn't have all the recommended vaccinations either... I could go on but I'll try to refrain. It's pretty frustrating to be on the sidelines when they are so set in their ways.

I know... it's entirely frustrating. My sister-in-law also wanted a natural birth and, against the doctor's orders, would not accept inducement of labor when it wasn't going well. She tried sitting in a kiddie pool, etc... the baby then had to stay in the hospital for ~2 weeks afterwards because she was sick due to meconium (sitting in her own poop in the womb). She doesn't have all the recommended vaccinations either... I could go on but I'll try to refrain. It's pretty frustrating to be on the sidelines when they are so set in their ways.

Sigh.... that is ridiculous. :rulz:

:( unsigned negrep telling me I'm too sensitive. It's true.

Just talked to my dad for 20 minutes on the phone. He definitely doesn't know it's my birthday.

My parents are the least sentimental people on the planet. I didn't realize people celebrated anniversaries until I was older because my parents usually don't even REMEMBER theirs.

This is not the first time my parents have forgotten my birthday (to be fair, last time they just thought it was the 25th, not the 26th)

For my undergrad graduation my mom gave me the traditional 'Oh the Places You'll Go' graduation present that she had bought for my high school graduation and forgot to give me. She didn't write anything in it for either occasion.

Good luck OSD, let us know how it goes.

The pediatrician recommended that my niece (2 yrs, 10 mos old) get a tube put in her ear because she had a bad ear infection a few months ago and then a lot of fluid/drainage which is blocking 30% of her hearing. My brother and his wife are "natural" people and have been trying herbal remedies (what?) and shit for it and don't want to take the doctor's advice w/ the tubes because there could be side effects. My mom is SO pissed because it's been going on for months and they still insist on avoiding tubes.

I know I sound non-empathetic here, but my sister-in-law mentioned bringing the baby to a chiropractor because she read somewhere that sometimes it can help ear problems by aligning the neck/shoulder area. Whatever.

A little bit of a tangent there... but really, good luck OSD!

Thank you very much for sharing. I called my cousin who is a Double Deac, cardiothoracic surgeon and his daughter (junior at WFU, just completed a 4.0 semester) had tubes when she was 9 months old, so I am confident that we are headed down the right path. I will keep all here posted when we find out the date of the surgery. I am a huge believer in modern medicine, but also a big fan of prayer!

i was catching up on the chat thread....and dv7 said "don't worry you didn't miss anything. the CT is like a shitty episode of Seinfield...you won't be lost"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back