• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 122: Buckets is AWESOME

Status
Not open for further replies.
EVEN MORE EVIDENCE FOR THE PROPER PRONUNCIATION OF GIF CRUSADE. We should drink some gin to celebrate.

EVEN MORE EVIDENCE FOR THE PROPER PRONUNCIATION OF GIF CRUSADE. We should drink some gin to celebrate.

I-See-What-You-Did-There..png

Out of all controlled substances I've ever tried Ambien was by far the scariest. Had to quit taking it because I became so addicted to it. After being prescribed it for a year I couldn't sleep without taking 3 or 4 of them.

How long did you quit taking it for?

I've always pronounced it 'jif' - didn't realize that was such a huge debate.

Does anyone else embarrassingly mispronounce 'common' words, that are common in print, but not often said so sometimes it's kind of questionable how you actually say it out loud? I do this all the time. I feel like I have a better vocabulary when I write because I know words and their correct use ... but damn if I can actually speak them. Debacle and raucous come to mind.

Might open up a nice jar of "Gif" peanut butter at lunch today.

For some reason, this commercial creeps the fuck out of me. I cringe everything time it comes on.

[video=vimeo;76150372]http://vimeo.com/76150372[/video]

What ad genius's though that "The Power of the Period" tagline would match up well with the ambiguously gay man in a vest and jeans?

because i know you're all super concerned - my chicken turned out great. if you want something super cheap and easy:

1 pkg (mine had 3) of bone-in w/ skin chicken thighs.
1 big lemon
4 cloves garlic
olive oil
s&p

put some olive oil in the bottom of a high-rimmed baking pan
drop the chicken thighs in, and rub them through the oil so they're coated top and bottom.
loosen the skin on the thighs, slide one slice of lemon and 1/3 the amount of two chopped cloves under the skin of each thigh
surround each thigh with the rest of the lemon (cut into pieces) and garlic (coarsely chopped) - tuck some garlic under each thigh if you think about it.
season w/ salt & pepper over all of it

bake at 400* for 50min, flipping at min 25 and then back over at 40ish (so the skin can crisp again for the last 10min). i had it with green beans... it was good.

if you really wanna go crazy sear them on each side first then just roast skin up for 20 mins or so.

if you really wanna go crazy sear them on each side first then just roast skin up for 20 mins or so.

I was trying to only dirty one pan, but do know this is superior.

Didn't someone post here or the old board about an episode on Ambien where he got up in the middle of the night and dressed up like Snoopy on his Sopwith Camel dogfighting the Red Baron? I think he even posted a picture of himself that he found on his phone the next morning. It was a freaky story -- kind of cool though. Drugs.

That sounds awesome, but more likely El Chupe is just hallucinating this story.

I've always pronounced it 'jif' - didn't realize that was such a huge debate.

Does anyone else embarrassingly mispronounce 'common' words, that are common in print, but not often said so sometimes it's kind of questionable how you actually say it out loud? I do this all the time. I feel like I have a better vocabulary when I write because I know words and their correct use ... but damn if I can actually speak them. Debacle and raucous come to mind.

Yeah like every word ever.

i did some AGGRESSIVE coloring on ambien once, but that's about it

i used to talk about weird shit.

though one time when i had just gotten my scrip filled at wake, we went up to a friend's mountain cabin and got weird. like 7 peeps took ambien while drinking and partying.

Yeah like every word ever.

I did it with "slough" this weekend. Like, "Columbia River Slough" After I was ridiculed for saying it incorrectly, I guess I have heard "sloo" (how it's actually pronounced) before... but slough? I guess it's like 'through' but isn't 'slough' also how you spell "slough off dead skin", and isn't that pronounced "sluff" ? Admittedly, that's another one of the words that I can use in print but try to avoid saying out loud so I don't really know if that's how you pronounce it.

WTF english language, y u do dis

I did it with "slough" this weekend. Like, "Columbia River Slough" After I was ridiculed for saying it incorrectly, I guess I have heard "sloo" (how it's actually pronounced) before... but slough? I guess it's like 'through' but isn't 'slough' also how you spell "slough off dead skin", and isn't that pronounced "sluff" ? Admittedly, that's another one of the words that I can use in print but try to avoid saying out loud so I don't really know if that's how you pronounce it.

WTF english language, y u do dis

jesus yeah i would have no idea how to pronounce that one, my first instinct was slow for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back