• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 122: Buckets is AWESOME

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always pronounced it 'jif' - didn't realize that was such a huge debate.

Does anyone else embarrassingly mispronounce 'common' words, that are common in print, but not often said so sometimes it's kind of questionable how you actually say it out loud? I do this all the time. I feel like I have a better vocabulary when I write because I know words and their correct use ... but damn if I can actually speak them. Debacle and raucous come to mind.

Alexis de Tocqueville

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/21/us/california-horror-hotel/index.html

More on the hotel's past. It was home to multiple serial killers, site of several murders and suicides. Sweet place.

LOL, I just googled that chick's name to see what you're talking about and it seems like everyone on the internet is convinced this chick was possessed by the DEVIL, I guess because at one point she waves her hands around.

Anyway, all that devil talk is ignoring the coolest part of the story, which is that people in the hotel were DRINKING HER CORPSE WATER for like a couple of WEEKS. Aw man. You really can't even be mad about that, you just have to go with it and think about how you ingested little flecks and skin and hair and pieces of this broad's body and it didn't kill you, so you only became more powerful.

On the most recent This American Life a guy said 'secreted' like 'secrete' but he meant it like 'secret'. So he said he "secrete-d something" and it made it gross.

does anyone else hate it when people pronounce route as "root"? i just always say it "rowt".

Sample crazy person devil post. God, the internet is a wonderful place:

justsayin · 16 hours ago
At 2:19, you can see she bends her left hands' fingers all the way back with her right hand, either she was possessed, or she was trying to wake herself up from some sort of trance by hurting herself, which is what she looked like she was in (either/or).

The hand movement wasn't her talkin whatsoever, it was movement, but kind of how people usually move when they lose their minds in tv or movies of people in psych wards. Although I will say it looked possessed or demonic cuz both hands looks like they have 6 fingers and they are bending in ways that they shouldn't in the beginning of movement and when they move, they are extremely HUGE for a woman's hands, ESPECIALLY a woman as SMALL as her.

Also, when she gets out to check around the first few times and then stays right outside the elevator the first time, you can see her cover her ears, and still covering them when she gets back inside the elevator, as if she was hearing something she was scared of or too loud or something.

Also, if you hear the news report, (which you should) the guy states they found her body at the BOTTOM of the tank. They had to drill and make a hole big enough to drain the water out.
SOME POINTS ABOUT THAT NEWS REPORT:
1 How could the person that checked inside from top, see a female body, and who the female was, from the top of the tank looking in? He had to have known who and why. ALSO, the water, EVEN if NOT poisoned or anything, would look DARK. There's no way he could have seen her, even with a flashlight.
2 How the hell does everybody NOT catch that he said she was found in the BOTTOM of the tank FULL OF WATER. HUMANS FLOAT IN WATER! REGARDLESS of their WEIGHT! She must have been HELD DOWN somehow! Either weights or tied down with something heavy.
3 She was found NAKED inside. No one ever thought of looking where her clothes were??
4 How could she have gotten in naked by herself? And locked herself in the tank full of water, and make herself heavy to stay down?? Unless the demon possessing her held her down. Or people doing a ritual?
5 NO ONE could go up to the roof unless they had a key, and the doors to the roof are rigged with alarms. NO WHERE in that news report does ANYONE suggest or consider that ALL STAFF WILL BE OR SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED! No one else could have been up there but STAFF and no one is mentioning that??!!
6 Why was she in Skid Row!!??

I appreciate you stating that movide Dark Water VC because it makes you think, remember, they ALWAYS show a blood sacrifice or sacrifice in movies, shows or music videos. They show them in PLAIN SIGHT and most of the world just ignores it and never looks into it. If you don't know what blood sacrifices are, please google and please look up on youtube as well. Seeing and reading the ones about celebrities are easier to understand. But they do it to people that aren't famous also, like VC stated, they calculate every aspect of their rituals to align and coincide and yet hidden in plain sight. Makes me feel like I did after I saw the movie "The number 23" with Jim Carrey. I obsessed with numbers ever since that f*king movie and it took me time to not do it as much as before but its not easy. These rituals are calculated. Maybe all that died in Titanic were ritual, maybe all the ones that died in 9/11 did also. Don't close your eyes and shut your ears. Pray and believe in God, He is Almighty, and only He is in charge and will protect you ALWAYS, you have to believe. Evil is everywhere, but so is God right by your side if you allow Him to be.

Read more at http://vigilantcitizen.com/vigilantreport/mysterious-case-elisa-lam/#szAVQyacACu8ixAH.99

I did it with "slough" this weekend. Like, "Columbia River Slough" After I was ridiculed for saying it incorrectly, I guess I have heard "sloo" (how it's actually pronounced) before... but slough? I guess it's like 'through' but isn't 'slough' also how you spell "slough off dead skin", and isn't that pronounced "sluff" ? Admittedly, that's another one of the words that I can use in print but try to avoid saying out loud so I don't really know if that's how you pronounce it.

WTF english language, y u do dis

this definitely happens to me where I'm totally confident in usage of a word then I get ready to say it and just almost stutter because I realize I don't know the right pronunciation. As for your slough, I don't know what that means but for slough off dead skin, I think I'd say "sloff" but I just. don't. know.

onia · 7 hours ago
Yes it could be an evil entity but..... perhaps a person or persons have her under mind control by frequency waves and the elevator is being observed and operated by other persons who temporarily disable it to ensure she uses the fire escape mentioned in the video, The rooftop having its own set of persons to finish her off by doing whatever sexual last acts there may have been, (having her get naked while she is being entombed in the tank.) Leaving the hotel to be a longtime- very organized- home base for ritualistic activity and or sacrifices while convincing everyone to blame it all on a ghost. To me she looks like she is in a dream state or hypnotized.

Read more at http://vigilantcitizen.com/vigilantreport/mysterious-case-elisa-lam/#szAVQyacACu8ixAH.99

"Although I will say it looked possessed or demonic cuz both hands looks like they have 6 fingers and they are bending in ways that they shouldn't in the beginning of movement and when they move, they are extremely HUGE for a woman's hands, ESPECIALLY a woman as SMALL as her."

KMD · 14 hours ago
Most odd, there is no way in the three dimensional reality that she could gotten inside that tank. There had to have been some sort of multi-dimensional portal of some sort involved. Remember,= God, Miracles and magic are words we apply situations we do not understand.=

onia · 7 hours ago
Yes it could be an evil entity but..... perhaps a person or persons have her under mind control by frequency waves and the elevator is being observed and operated by other persons who temporarily disable it to ensure she uses the fire escape mentioned in the video, The rooftop having its own set of persons to finish her off by doing whatever sexual last acts there may have been, (having her get naked while she is being entombed in the tank.) Leaving the hotel to be a longtime- very organized- home base for ritualistic activity and or sacrifices while convincing everyone to blame it all on a ghost. To me she looks like she is in a dream state or hypnotized.

MY GOD. THIS IS AMAZING.

How long did you quit taking it for?

I haven't taken it in 4 years or so. Had a really bad night where I basically overdosed on 2 or 3 of them (along with 2 beers I had drunken shortly before I took it) and wasn't able to get up off the couch I was so effed up. I was completely blacked out but it scared my roommate half to death because I couldn't move and she apparently almost called 911.

Anyways I woke in the morning and didn't remember anything odd happening, until I went in the bathroom and saw this huge scratch on my face. I had apparently tried to get off the couch and go to my bed and just fell into the wall. Which had woken my roommate up and led to her freaking out.

So yeah after that I never took it again.

This one might be the most nuts. It is strange to think there are all these crazy people out there. I wonder what these folks do to make a living.

DisturbingAnomalies · 6 hours ago
The video in the elevator was taken on January 31, the last night she was seen alive. This is the eve of Imbolc, an important holiday on the occult calendar. It is the thirty-second day of the year, just as the second to highest degree in Freemasonry is the thirty-second one. There are 333 days left in the year, that number being the triplicate of the most important number of Freemasonry (3) and the number of Choronzon, a demon written about in the sixteenth century by occultists such as John Dee (an alchemist and intelligence agent for Queen Elizabeth I) and Edward Kelley.

Choronzon has some popularity in the entertainment industry, particularly in the often overtly satanic death metal genre: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choronzon#In_popular_culture

Interestingly, Lam was Canadian, and another sensational murder case of recent in this country was that of Lin Jun, who was drugged before being brutally murdered on film by Luka Magnotta, who sent his body parts to the Conservative Party where they happened to be opened by the political mentor of Stephen Harper, who, by the way, was born on Walpurgisnacht, the night of the witches, on April 30. The last person Magnotta spoke to was Derek Mackinnon, his neighbor and an actor who starred as a deranged serial killer in the film "Terror Train," in which the setting is an occult-themed costume party on a train (railroads having occult significance). Mackinnon mentioned in an interview with a horror website that his father was the commander of an air force base in Nova Scotia. That website has since been closed down and there remains no archived copy of the page. Magnotta's lead lawyer, Luc Leclair, organized campaigns for Defence Minister Peter MacKay, who also flew with Russell Williams, the commanding officer of Canada's largest air force base and the husband of a Harriman. Williams, who raped and murdered several women, was a college friend of Paul Bernardo, an active Freemason who killed young girls with his wife Karla Homolka. One of the victims was Homolka's sister. Magnotta was rumored (allegedly through his own false stories) to be her boyfriend. Interesting

The filmed beheading of Daniel Pearl by Omar Saeed Sheikh, an agent of British Intelligence posing as a "terrorist," occurred on Imbolc in 2002. British intelligence has always been an occult secret society. Aleister Crowley, who summoned Choronzon in his occult rituals, worked for British Intelligence just as John Dee, who was one of those to first write about him, was the personal agent of Queen Elizabeth I.

The Columbia space shuttle disaster, which took seven lives, took place on Imbolc in 2003. "Columbia" has importance to the Illuminati in that the federal government is located in the District of Columbia, just as Columbia Pictures is a major entertainment corporation and Columbia Broadcasting Systems (CBS), which features an eye as its logo, is one of the largest news outlets in America. Colombia is a major exporter of cocaine, a major part of the drug trade, which is under the control of the elite. Elisa Lam is from Vancouver, British Columbia, a major port for human trafficking involving a ring of extremely wealthy, influential individuals. Dave McGowan believed that the strange murder of Officer Sean Brenton in Seattle, Washington on Halloween and the subsequent murders of four Seattle officers meeting in a coffee shop across the street from an air force base may have all been connected with this human trafficking corridor in Vancouver.

James Shelby Downard claimed that elevators are symbolically associated with the occult.

Read more at http://vigilantcitizen.com/vigilantreport/mysterious-case-elisa-lam/#8s58Xs2mC9ZVsSPQ.99

CORPS TOOTH. It appears that moonz has harnessed the power of the tooth and uses the supernatural energy for his spin class...FOR NOW.

hey TOWNERS, interesting interview with my friend's brother, the exec chef at nyc morimoto:

http://blog.chuboknives.com/?p=800

Pics literally made me get sushi for lunch. Cool interview. Presentation was MONTE at the philly location. Chef Morimoto made at least one of my dishes, my server informed me, which is ballin. This guy seems pretty cool. Interesting to read about what it's like to be a white boy sushi chef.

morimoto-sushi-3-e1382141971452.jpg

I've always pronounced it 'jif' - didn't realize that was such a huge debate.

Does anyone else embarrassingly mispronounce 'common' words, that are common in print, but not often said so sometimes it's kind of questionable how you actually say it out loud? I do this all the time. I feel like I have a better vocabulary when I write because I know words and their correct use ... but damn if I can actually speak them. Debacle and raucous come to mind.

omg yes this happens to me all the time watching Jeopardy. I'll know the answer in print but end up sounding like an idiot mispronouncing the shit out of it. I'm terrified if I ever get on the show I'm going to do that so badly on a word/name that everyone else besides me obviously knows how to pronounce and they'll do an SNL skit or something about me.

if you guys ever need help with pronunciation, just PM deacfan2009, he's really good at that stuff

This one might be the most nuts. It is strange to think there are all these crazy people out there. I wonder what these folks do to make a living.

I've always just figured that all these crazies are really just normal people that have one really strange obsession and you'd never know it. Like the dude in the office next to me probably has something about him that I'd never know from just working with him. I could totally see him being a ridiculous internet news article commenter. He's got some crazy right wing thoughts.

Pics literally made me get sushi for lunch. Cool interview. Presentation was MONTE at the philly location. Chef Morimoto made at least one of my dishes, my server informed me, which is ballin. This guy seems pretty cool. Interesting to read about what it's like to be a white boy sushi chef.

morimoto-sushi-3-e1382141971452.jpg
aaand now i want sushi for dins tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back