• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 127: THIS IS THE END

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think you've got everything figured out and then you remember Ron Wellman is the guy talking for you and everything goes to hell in a handbasket

My parents made me feel like I definitely need to get everybody a gift and spend at least $20 on them. I love giving christmas presents and I want to take care of the people who help me out, so I really dont mind doing that, but I also think that might be a little generous given the office culture. Last year I didnt see any of the associates give gifts, and the only gifts from partners were that a few of them took their individual teams out to lunch. If partners who have a max of two assistants arent spending $20 on their assistants, why should I have to spend that on 4 assistants, especially when I utilize them far less? And I would probably wait until the last day before I leave for Christmas because I wouldnt want anybody to feel like they have to give in return.

Wouldnt just a $10 gift card to starbucks and a card be sufficient?

i, for one, am shocked buckets and brews may have been way off on lembo

Yeah Buckets really fucked this one up

Also wffffb115, sock bun or no sock bun today? Figured I'd ask since I now know what one of those is.

Wouldnt just a $10 gift card to starbucks and a card be sufficient?

That sounds cool, though $10 isn't much and they might think, "Why'd she even bother?" You're better off not getting them anything and lying to your parents. Sounds like no one else there is getting gifts for the peons.

Yeah Buckets really fucked this one up

Also wffffb115, sock bun or no sock bun today? Figured I'd ask since I now know what one of those is.

No sock bun—we'll have to have a whole other discussion about whether a sock bun is professional enough to wear to work first! I am, however, sporting sock bun curls :thumbsup:

No sock bun—we'll have to have a whole other discussion about whether a sock bun is professional enough to wear to work first! I am, however, sporting sock bun curls :thumbsup:

What even is that?

So... I don't think it's so obvious that Clawson is the inferior candidate to Lembo. Simply looking at their cumulative records is dumb. Clawson's teams continually get better over time, and when you check out the Football Outsiders advanced stats Clawson's last few BG teams have been better than Lembo's BS teams.

So... I don't think it's so obvious that Clawson is the inferior candidate to Lembo. Simply looking at their cumulative records is dumb. Clawson's teams continually get better over time, and when you check out the Football Outsiders advanced stats Clawson's last few BG teams have been better than Lembo's BS teams.

Clawson won't be terrible.

I'm more pissed about Wellman having a clear cut #1 and lowballing that guy.

To be clear, I want Coach A and not Coach B:

Coach A Records
2-8
5-5
8-2

Coach B Records
6-4
6-4
6-4

Coach A has a .500 record at School X, and Coach B has a .600 record. It's not all about cumulative records, yo.

Clawson won't be terrible.

I'm more pissed about Wellman having a clear cut #1 and lowballing that guy.

Yea, I think this is the right take.

I don't really feel like dealing with the Chicken Little's on the Sports board right now. I don't see impending doom for our FB program or anything, but like you I'm pissed that we had an opportunity to show some freaking ambition and didn't.

In the meantime I'll apply for a job at Wake, the job security there is fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back