• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 128 - CHRISTMAS VACATION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy yourself a leaf blower.

Hard to justify spending $200+ on a tool that does something I can do with a rake I already have. I'd still have to get the leaves to the front curb anyway, and that is what really got me - flipping over the huge trashcan full of wet leaves. Kept telling myself to lift with my legs not my back, but it was pretty awkward to turn over.

anyway - think it is okay to be taking ibuprofen that expired in 2010? hmm

Hard to justify spending $200+ on a tool that does something I can do with a rake I already have. I'd still have to get the leaves to the front curb anyway, and that is what really got me - flipping over the huge trashcan full of wet leaves. Kept telling myself to lift with my legs not my back, but it was pretty awkward to turn over.

I think it won't hurt you. Just might not be as effective.

We use our leaf blower for so many different things other than blowing leaves. I live on a hill, so the wind will just blow them back anyways. Its great for blowing out the garage/carport/back deck. So many uses.

tsy's comment made me think of a scene in a movie where a guy uses a leaf blower to clean up his house- blowing beer cans out of the way. But I can't think of the movie, just a vague recollection of the scene?

You don't have a very big yard, then an electric will be fine. Use a tarp to drag the leaves to the curb instead of a trash can.

Why not get an electric blower and an extension cord?

I have a 100 foot extension cord, but no outdoor outlets. Before I bought a battery string trimmer I borrowed an electric one from a friend and had to run a cord out my kitchen window, which was inconvenient. I don't know, just thought I'd read that gas was the best choice if you had a lot of heavy leaves.

You don't have a very big yard, then an electric will be fine. Use a tarp to drag the leaves to the curb instead of a trash can.

I couldn't find my tarp yesterday (or since I moved) but as I was loading up my huge wheeled trash bin I kept thinking how much easier it was than using a tarp. However I haven't moved leaves with a tarp for like a decade so maybe it is easier than I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back