• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 128 - CHRISTMAS VACATION

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've given up on that because she usually rebuffs the advice, explaining why she doesn't go that route ($, convenience, assumptions she has already made, etc)

Yeah but when everyone is offering advice all the time, you can probably imagine how old that would get/you'd probably want to rebuff a lot of it too. It's hard to filter out the legitimate advice in the crowd, unfortunately.

But I digress.

Hitting teh road. Have a good MONDAY CT.

You should try the Ames Rake N Go. I saw it on DIY's cool tools show.

Yeah but when everyone is offering advice all the time, you can probably imagine how old that would get/you'd probably want to rebuff a lot of it too. It's hard to filter out the legitimate advice in the crowd, unfortunately.

No doubt.

I'm just glad I don't have a leaf problem!

people probably think I complain too much and want to do anything to shut me up. SORRY STILL POSTING. If I wanted advice I would specifically ask for advice, but I just tend to forget the "find a solution" crowd when I just wanted to say something that wasn't rainbows and sunshine.

what if I had said "wow I felt so accomplished and like a real property owner yesterday when I spent some much overdue time working in the yard! I am a little sore from all the hard work but I'm proud of myself for getting it done. It is really nice to see progress and know that I did it for myself as an independent woman," would that have still elicited advice or would people have been like "what did you do with rtq" and ignored?

People give advice to just about everything, especially if they have any kind of previous experience. That's just life.

people probably think I complain too much and want to do anything to shut me up. SORRY STILL POSTING. If I wanted advice I would specifically ask for advice, but I just tend to forget the "find a solution" crowd when I just wanted to say something that wasn't rainbows and sunshine.

what if I had said "wow I felt so accomplished and like a real property owner yesterday when I spent some much overdue time working in the yard! I am a little sore from all the hard work but I'm proud of myself for getting it done. It is really nice to see progress and know that I did it for myself as an independent woman," would that have still elicited advice or would people have been like "what did you do with rtq" and ignored?

From my extensive experience as a married person, when men complain about something, they're looking for solutions. When women complain about a problem, they just want to be listened to.

Hard to justify spending $200+ on a tool that does something I can do with a rake I already have. I'd still have to get the leaves to the front curb anyway, and that is what really got me - flipping over the huge trashcan full of wet leaves. Kept telling myself to lift with my legs not my back, but it was pretty awkward to turn over.

anyway - think it is okay to be taking ibuprofen that expired in 2010? hmm

I think the way you describe things is important. When I read the bold part from your post, it seems like their is an obvious solution. You are a new homeowner, so I figured some advice would be helpful. :noidea:

Fuck that noise RTQ, post whatever and however you like.

These HADERS can deal with it

Fuck that noise RTQ, post whatever and however you like.

These HADERS can deal with it

What did I ever do to you?

la31arx.jpg

Both of our cars broken into in the span of a month? Austin, in decline.

Nah bro, having your car broken into is like a big city badge of honor. We are city slickers now. We ain't no small town Winston bumpkins no mo.

Yeah, just never leave change visible in the car. Some peeps have no qualms about breaking out a windshield for 50 cents even. When I first moved to Ardmore a cop told me to get rid of all my car change for that reason. Luckily we're also on a dead end street with not much foot traffic.

Well they did go through all the other compartments in my car to find jack shit. And I didn't see a pipe or anything lay around so I hope this jack ass at least busted up his arm breaking my window.

Duuudes I am a walking M.A.S.H. unit today.

I sliced the tip of my middle finger pretty badly last night when I was chopping an onion and being careless. Woops. Now I have this bandaid on the tip of my finger that makes it impossible to type - I'm rocking some hunt and peck today.

AND THEN I woke up this morning feeling like I had a runny nose. Then it kept getting worse. Then I realized OH SHIT it was a bloody nose so I had to run to the bathroom and bleed everywhere. Took care of that, but I'm sitting here at work wondering what injury comes next. :eek:

I think the way you describe things is important. When I read the bold part from your post, it seems like their is an obvious solution. You are a new homeowner, so I figured some advice would be helpful. :noidea:

thanks for trying. I actively thought about how much easier the yard bin was than using a tarp, while I was doing the work. Only had to make 7 trips to the front.

my favorite yard purchase this year was Lawn Claws. Have made filling the yard waste bin so much easier than my previous process of putting the bin on the side and raking into it, or using a rake and a trash can lid as makeshift tong things. I recommend them if you are doing much lifting of yard crap! #unsolicitedadvice #cheaperthanablower

51ZE88WqyDL.jpg

One of my friends had his car broken into last night/this morning as well. Surprised since he's in a pretty residential/neighborhood area in the burbs outside DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back