• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 128 - CHRISTMAS VACATION

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's crazy that people break into cars for a little bit of change. there have been a bunch of car break-ins and petty theft around my neighborhood lately per the neighborhood's facebook group and when someone is like "oh noes my laptop got stolen from my car overnight" I just :rulz:

I sent an email (from my work account) to my previous apartment complex this morning requesting a copy of the alleged water bill and pictures of the allegedly broken microwave handle. No response as of yet.

I've also reviewed some FL landlord-tenant law this morning and even if these are legitimate charges (I very seriously doubt that they are) the complex failed to follow the statutes as far as taking my money.

thanks for trying. I actively thought about how much easier the yard bin was than using a tarp, while I was doing the work. Only had to make 7 trips to the front.

my favorite yard purchase this year was Lawn Claws. Have made filling the yard waste bin so much easier than my previous process of putting the bin on the side and raking into it, or using a rake and a trash can lid as makeshift tong things. I recommend them if you are doing much lifting of yard crap! #unsolicitedadvice #cheaperthanablower

51ZE88WqyDL.jpg

Thanks for the advice! I may invest in some of those.

it's crazy that people break into cars for a little bit of change. there have been a bunch of car break-ins and petty theft around my neighborhood lately per the neighborhood's facebook group and when someone is like "oh noes my laptop got stolen from my car overnight" I just :rulz:

the drugs don't buy themselves

I left a $13 Big Lots BRATZ doll (shame on me for buying that crap) in my car overnight and thought about it as I was leaving it sitting there... hopefully nobody wants a BRATZ doll badly enough to break a window. I also keep cereal, atlas and old CDs visible in my car on the regular. I should probably not leave the CDs but probably those aren't too interesting to robber types.

I was pretty sad about my car because it is a wrangler and you can literally unzip it to get inside. This lazy motherfucker decided to slice my entire window out (probably more fun). The most valuable thing they stole were my two pairs of heavily used soccer cleats. Bet you're glad you've got those now, dumbass.

I left a $13 Big Lots BRATZ doll (shame on me for buying that crap) in my car overnight and thought about it as I was leaving it sitting there... hopefully nobody wants a BRATZ doll badly enough to break a window. I also keep cereal, atlas and old CDs visible in my car on the regular. I should probably not leave the CDs but probably those aren't too interesting to robber types.

Why do you keep cereal in your car? Please tell me you shovel it in your mouth while driving around town.

I was pretty sad about my car because it is a wrangler and you can literally unzip it to get inside. This lazy motherfucker decided to slice my entire window out (probably more fun). The most valuable thing they stole were my two pairs of heavily used soccer cleats. Bet you're glad you've got those now, dumbass.

They also scored my 1990 tapedeck boombox that was my five-year old birthday gift (used for tailgating), a small plastic duck from a high school graduation party in 2005, some replacement light bulbs for taillights, and a paper clip. Bet that paper clip went for the big bucks on the black market.

They did steal my keg tap though, that was pretty weak.

Why do you keep cereal in your car? Please tell me you shovel it in your mouth while driving around town.

I eat cereal for breakfast at work, and it's easier to just leave the cereal boxes in my car than bringing them into my house and back out. saves a step. I buy 2-3 boxes at a time for savings. I bring one box each of Cheerios and Wheat Chex into the office and leave the rest in the car.

They also scored my 1990 tapedeck boombox that was my five-year old birthday gift (used for tailgating), a small plastic duck from a high school graduation party in 2005, some replacement light bulbs for taillights, and a paper clip. Bet that paper clip went for the big bucks on the black market.

They did steal my keg tap though, that was pretty weak.

Dude I forgot he stole the keg tap as well. What a ruthless criminal.

Anyone here ever hit a deer or any other animal while driving?

Anyone here ever hit a deer or any other animal while driving?

I hit a deer going like 30 in my old Jeep, but it didn't really do any damage. Deer hopped up and ran into the woods and outside of a slight dent my front end was fine.

I eat cereal for breakfast at work, and it's easier to just leave the cereal boxes in my car than bringing them into my house and back out. saves a step. I buy 2-3 boxes at a time for savings. I bring one box each of Cheerios and Wheat Chex into the office and leave the rest in the car.

You should purchase a plastic container for your cereal, it keeps it fresher. Can even put multiple boxes in one plastic container, saving you trips into your car where you have to lean over and potentially hurt your back. You can get one for $5.99 at Harris Teeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back