• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 150: The End's Not Near

Status
Not open for further replies.
my dad and sis and i do a trip to a different ballpark every year and we picked toronto this year based on schedules and location; we'll probably do east coast for a while, but i really wanna do wrigley and dodger stadium in coming years, also know target field is supposed to be incredible

Flying in and out of Buffalo. Getting in early Friday morning, driving through Niagara, probably won't stay long, going to the baseball games all weekend. Really spending most of the time in Toronto (Renaissance Toronto Downtown, right across from the stadium) and driving back to Buffalo Sunday night, not sure where we're staying, but I'd love to get wings either that night or for lunch before my flight Monday.

If you're anywhere near the airport it's worth going into the city to scope out Elmwood, Delaware Park, and the Albright Knox art gallery

also it's been this on repeat since i got back from lunch and idk why but i don't hate it

Thinking about going to the BC-Pitt football game up here that's on a Friday night (same week as the Wake-BC game was last year) just to get to a college game and relax. Should be cheap to snag tickets. It got me thinking about how many FBS teams I've seen play live (never seen Pittsburgh live as far as I know/remember) and going through current FBS teams and starting in 1996 (the first year I remember being at a game, against Northwestern, although I know I was at a bunch of games prior to that point).

I've seen every ACC team live but Pitt. Obviously the pre-expansion teams I saw all at Groves Stadium, including Miami, BC, and VPI. I saw Louisville at the Orange Bowl, and I saw Syracuse in the 2006 season. So that's 14 teams. Then looking through our home schedules from 1996 to present, I've seen:

Northwestern
Navy
App State (transition to Sun Belt)
Rutgers
UAB
Vanderbilt
Northern Illinois
East Carolina
Purdue
Connecticut
Nebraska
Army
Baylor
Stanford
Notre Dame

Then went to a Georgia-South Carolina game in 2008.

I bet some of the older people on here have seen more teams than me, but I thought it was interesting to look back on how many teams I'd seen live - definitely been privileged to see a lot of college football. Obviously it's been primarily limited to who Wake played and I haven't been to many games that haven't included Wake but that gets me roughly to around 30 teams.

What's the most random team any of you guys have ever seen play live (FBS)?

Last edited:
I've been to Fulton County, Old Yankee, Shea, Turner, and Nats park.

Thinking about going to the BC-Pitt football game up here that's on a Friday night (same week as the Wake-BC game was last year) just to get to a college game and relax. Should be cheap to snag tickets. It got me thinking about how many FBS teams I've seen play live (never seen Pittsburgh live as far as I know/remember) and going through current FBS teams and starting in 1996 (the first year I remember being at a game, against Northwestern, although I know I was at a bunch of games prior to that point).

I've seen every ACC team live but Pitt. Obviously the pre-expansion teams I saw all at Groves Stadium, including Miami, BC, and VPI. I saw Louisville at the Orange Bowl, and I saw Syracuse in the 2006 season. So that's 14 teams. Then looking through our home schedules from 1996 to present, I've seen:

Northwestern
Navy
App State (transition to Sun Belt)
Rutgers
UAB
Vanderbilt
Northern Illinois
East Carolina
Purdue
Connecticut
Nebraska
Army
Baylor
Stanford
Notre Dame

Then went to a Georgia-South Carolina game in 2008.

I bet some of the older people on here have seen more teams than me, but I thought it was interesting to look back on how many teams I'd seen live - definitely been privileged to see a lot of college football. Obviously it's been primarily limited to who Wake played and I haven't been to many games that haven't included Wake but that gets me roughly to around 30 teams.

What's the most random team any of you guys have ever seen play live (FBS)?

SDSU

my dad and sis and i do a trip to a different ballpark every year and we picked toronto this year based on schedules and location; we'll probably do east coast for a while, but i really wanna do wrigley and dodger stadium in coming years, also know target field is supposed to be incredible

I say do Target. I've heard so many amazing things about that ballpark, specifically, and StP/Minny, generally.

Fulton County, Wrigley, Chavez Ravine, Olympic Stadium, Skydome and Camden Yard

Fulton County, Turner, Fenway, Candlestick, AT&T, RFK, Nats, Camden, Citizens Bank, Cellular Field (or whatever they call the ChiSox). I think that's it.

Growing up we had season tickets to FSU and then VA. I worked for the team at Wake and have had UF season tickets for two years. I've seen a lot of teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back