• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 150: The End's Not Near

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not hot wings, but I'm up at my parents' house today and they had leftover Bojangles in the refrigerator. I just raided it for two wings, some macaroni and cheese and a biscuit.

Yeah I had to get wings for lunch after this discussion. Went with garlic parmesan and bleu cheese.

This is the car I'm considering ditching the Wrangler for...

10407049_10152650266134260_5018858872498529085_n.jpg

Not hot wings, but I'm up at my parents' house today and they had leftover Bojangles in the refrigerator. I just raided it for two wings, some macaroni and cheese and a biscuit.

...does not compute...

yo tuff, sorry i hurt your butt with the boundary stone rep

however, i will be in buffalo briefly in a couple weeks

what's my can't miss spots for wings?

I've never been to Buffalo. The best wing's I've ever had were at Pelican Larry's in Naples.

Doing Buffalo > Niagara > Toronto over the course of 5 days, catching a weekend series in Toronto.

Would love recs at any of those spots.

Niagara Falls is great on the Canadian side, the US side sucks. If for some reason you want to walk the US/CAN bridge over the river, the Canadians require a looney or tooney in a turnstile before letting you walk to the US side.

And if you can find yourself a garbage plate, order it, it's moreso a Rochester thing than Buffalo, but those are the tits

Niagara Falls is great on the Canadian side, the US side sucks. If for some reason you want to walk the US/CAN bridge over the river, the Canadians require a looney or tooney in a turnstile before letting you walk to the US side.

And if you can find yourself a garbage plate, order it, it's moreso a Rochester thing than Buffalo, but those are the tits

i have no idea what this means

looney = $1 coin with a loon (~duck) on it
tooney = $2 coin that is a hilarious wordplay on the words "two" and "looney"

can't remember which one the turnstile takes, hence the "or" above

looks like one of my really good middle school friends passed away this past weekend

there's no real info on what happened exactly though

pretty sad stuff though, he is leaving behind a wife and 4-year old girl

Doing Buffalo > Niagara > Toronto over the course of 5 days, catching a weekend series in Toronto.

Would love recs at any of those spots.

Where in Buffalo?

For Niagara, I love St Catharines. It's a nice little town. I like the Kilt and Clover on Lock st. Got my first legal beer there. Bunch of wineries on the river and on Lake Ontario throughout the peninsula. Jackson Trigg is good. I forget all the places I've been to but you pretty much can't go wrong anywhere, not that I'm much of a wine connoisseur.

Toronto I've spent the least time in but I can tell you where to get a fake ID. Lemme know if you need one. Hockey Hall of Fame is a must

Niagara-on-the-lake is pretty cool too, I went there probably 10-15 years ago but I think WakeBDer (?) went there recently and might have a rec

Looks like I'm going to Boundary Stone tonight to try the wings/watch the Liverpool match. I was told Duffys had the best in DC, they were pretty good.

Where in Buffalo?

For Niagara, I love St Catharines. It's a nice little town. I like the Kilt and Clover on Lock st. Got my first legal beer there. Bunch of wineries on the river and on Lake Ontario throughout the peninsula. Jackson Trigg is good. I forget all the places I've been to but you pretty much can't go wrong anywhere, not that I'm much of a wine connoisseur.

Toronto I've spent the least time in but I can tell you where to get a fake ID. Lemme know if you need one. Hockey Hall of Fame is a must

Flying in and out of Buffalo. Getting in early Friday morning, driving through Niagara, probably won't stay long, going to the baseball games all weekend. Really spending most of the time in Toronto (Renaissance Toronto Downtown, right across from the stadium) and driving back to Buffalo Sunday night, not sure where we're staying, but I'd love to get wings either that night or for lunch before my flight Monday.

Ever since I listened to that TAL about all the waiters and bartenders in Toronto and all the blow they do, I keep imagining Toronto as this cracked out city that's gonna get weird. I also read about the Rogers Centre just being a really shitty stadium with terrible astroturf, but a MASSIVE party. Dunno if anyone can corroborate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back