• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 160: my thread tittles suck. sorry i'm not sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
TEXASDEAC MENTAL HEALTH UPDATE

Psych man says I've got ADHD for really real, but it turns out that other things I thought were related are actually a generalized anxiety disorder. Highly likely that anxiety disorder is borne out of inability to focus on anything. STAY TUNED.

What did they do to test you?

Don't feel like finding a book thread, but my buddy just bought me Rasselas; anyone read it?

What did they do to test you?

Big cognitive IQ test that took a couple hours on the first appointment. Second appointment was a long diagnostic interview where he asked me various questions, some more cognitive tests designed to test impulsivity, and a comorbidity survey (checking for other mental illnesses). My wife also had to fill out a questionnaire rating my various abilities.

The cognitive test is probably the most interesting. Mine rated IQ in four areas: verbal reasoning, perceptual problem-solving (like shapes and stuff), mental recall (they give you a phone number, you say it backwards), and processing speed.

People with ADHD are typically worse at mental recall and processing speed relative to their abilities in verbal reasoning and perceptual problem-solving. That was true for me, but it was especially true for the processing speed. I was freaking ELITE (woot) at verbal reasoning and the problem-solving, but Psych man basically described my brain as working on a dial-up connection b/c my processing speed is so slow.

Don't feel like finding a book thread, but my buddy just bought me Rasselas; anyone read it?

That's an interesting book as a gift. It's good. Preferred Otranto if we're on the topic of early novels.

Someone bought a soda and the vending machine gave him the wrong one. Score, free Diet Pepsi.

That's an interesting book as a gift. It's good. Preferred Otranto if we're on the topic of early novels.

Castle of Otranto is boss as shit. For me, the scene with the friar is still one of the creepiest that I've ever read.

Samuel_Johnson_by_Joshua_Reynolds.jpg

Notorious S.J.

jessica richard's 18th century brit lit class, in spite of half the books we read kinda sucking, was AWESOME

castle of otranto and tristram shandy were my two favs

I dont think i read any of the books we had to read for lit classes

but did you also bury your head under a rock and ignore anything that was ever said about books?

jessica richard's 18th century brit lit class, in spite of half the books we read kinda sucking, was AWESOME

castle of otranto and tristram shandy were my two favs

YES. I also had her for another class my senior year -- 18th century Brit Lit or something?

When I was 17 I told my doctor I thought I may have ADD or ADHD and the doctor said I was just bored at school. Unsure if that's just poor doctoring or they were right. Either way I don't really care I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back