• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 160: my thread tittles suck. sorry i'm not sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of shotguns, I need to sell one. For like low-mid 4 figures. How/where do you do that? It didn't seem like Pro Shots gets that kind of customer.

Many gun dealers will sell them. I've never bought used nor sold a gun so I'm not much help. Mtndeac has and he just used a local gun dealer from where he was from. This was a good 5 years ago though when he did this.

As a random aside, did you know that gun dealers can't have Facebook pages. It's against their policy because they see that as advocating gun violence. Several gun dealers have joined forces to sue Facebook and the right to advertise their guns there. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Last edited:
Many gun dealers will sell them. I've never bought used nor sold a gun so I'm not much help. Mtndeac has and he just used a local gun dealer from where he was from. This was a good 5 years ago though when he did this.

I have no idea on the legality, but someone I know just sold one himself on Facebook for 4 figures, so, I am gonna suggest that.

As a random aside, did you know that gun dealers can't have Facebook pages. It's against their policy because they see that as advocating gun violence. Several gun dealers have joined forces to sue Facebook and the right to advertise their guns there. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Huh, effort makes this guy's success seem even weirder

I have no idea on the legality, but someone I know just sold one himself on Facebook for 4 figures, so, I am gonna suggest that.

I've seen several Facebook friends from home do that too. It's very effective. It's just a little gray area.

Huh, effort makes this guy's success seem even weirder

Individuals have no problem, that's where a significant part of the lawsuit focuses. It's gun dealers and their Facebook pages that have the issue. The store leading the lawsuit is from Charlotte area.

Of course, FB is really weird about businesses. It's non-compliant for jamberry consultants to post pricing on anything on FB because then FB knows you are selling something, which you can't do our something, so no pricing (including stuff that says "works out to a cup of coffee a day for your manicure")

Of course, FB is really weird about businesses. It's non-compliant for jamberry consultants to post pricing on anything on FB because then FB knows you are selling something, which you can't do our something, so no pricing (including stuff that says "works out to a cup of coffee a day for your manicure")

They are. The gun dealer actually hasn't advertised any guns. Instead they advertise safes and other accessories. Facebook pulled the paid ads and then banned the Facebook page. They did this to several gun dealers at Veterans Day and so they all joined forces. It's going to be interesting to see how this falls out.

They are. The gun dealer actually hasn't advertised any guns. Instead they advertise safes and other accessories. Facebook pulled the paid ads and then banned the Facebook page. They did this to several gun dealers at Veterans Day and so they all joined forces. It's going to be interesting to see how this falls out.

There's definitely some irony to be found here.

we just pulled the trigger on Prime. What shows should be up on our list? Transparent? Sopranos? Boardwalk Empire? Downton Abbey?

Speaking of shotguns, I need to sell one. For like low-mid 4 figures. How/where do you do that? It didn't seem like Pro Shots gets that kind of customer.

Look for a local gun forum. In the PACNW it is northwestfirearms.com; I know they have other groups for different parts of the county. There will be folks in that group that appreciate a thousand dollar shotgun.

Holy shit Colbert Report just finished on an outro of Holland 1945. NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL WHAT UP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back