• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 202: Stolen good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should read that.

Which part?

In other words, the court effectively immunized most (but not all) strip malls and shopping centers from Pruneyard, except for those with areas analogous to public gathering areas such as plazas, atriums, or food courts.

It's a California decision, but there's nothing to prohibit it in other states. Dunno what the law in Texas is.

Federally, it seems the decision bounced around a few times.

Anybody ever been to Texarkana? I'll be spending Friday night there on my way to Nashville.

Also advice on cross country trips with a dog. This will be my first.

My freshman year roommate at Wake was from Texarkana. That's all I've got.

I'd probably get wiped out pretty quick since I live in a major population and world financial center.

Anybody ever been to Texarkana? I'll be spending Friday night there on my way to Nashville.

Also advice on cross country trips with a dog. This will be my first.

Are you Jerry Reed? Is your dog named Fred? Picking up some Coors Banquet Beer to drive to Atlanta?

I'd probably get wiped out pretty quick since I live in a major population and world financial center.

200_s.gif

Which part?

It's a California decision, but there's nothing to prohibit it in other states. Dunno what the law in Texas is.

You aren't reading critically. California's constitution affirms greater protection of free speech than the US Constitution. SCOTUS upheld California's Supreme Court's decision that speech is protected in a mall in California. Other state courts have similar protections. Federal courts tend to view malls as public gathering places if there is a governmental presence such as a police substation or a county office or perhaps if the mall is owned by a governmental entity. However, in most states, your right to assemble, solicit, and run off at the mouth is restricted at the local mall.

You fuggin kidding me for these flight costs to go back home for the holidays?

You fuggin kidding me for these flight costs to go back home for the holidays?

How much are the flights? Seems like a minor thing to complain about given your propensity to expensive meals.

My dad's paranoia is slowly pushing him towards full prepper mode. He wanted me to get my brother a big knife for Christmas so he can put it in the "go bag" he's making for him. I had to google what a go bag was. I got him a tablet instead because I'm not an insane person.

Getting your brother a knife for Christmas qualifies you as an insane person?

Time for me to check myself in, I guess.

Which part?

Not really. The CA court didnt reach what you could actually do in a mall, it just decided that a state constitution could provide wider protections for speech than the federal one.

That being said, the actors in that case weren't committing crimes. This guy could easily be booted and arrested for loitering, disturbing the peace etc

You non politics board posters might want to check the last page or two of the islam thread to see the wonders that reside on Conservapedia, apparently a source of sailor's #hottakes.

Oh man, thanks for this. I occasionally hop over to the Tunnels but that's not a thread I would typically check out. That website is amazing. I particularly like the liberal movie one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back