• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 202: Stolen good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vegan is a million times worse than vegetarian. Vegetarians are easy to please and can generally get something from nearly any restaurant. Vegans are a whole other beast (or should I say, beast flavored grain based product)

I mean. I think her line about the Spartan race making her tired was her out line. TOO MUCH PLAMA

I also took it this way.

In my experiences, being a vegetarian isn't much harder to to shop for, but it can be a little more time-consuming to develop certain meals so you don't get tired of eating the same thing.

I also took it this way.

In my experiences, being a vegetarian isn't much harder to to shop for, but it can be a little more time-consuming to develop certain meals so you don't get tired of eating the same thing.

so. many. black beans.

Unless you like tofu or tempeh then it opens up a bit more.

Also, then there is the whole argument about eating eggs too.

ITT people who made the choice to be vegetarian explain to non-vegetarians how easy it is. Also vegan is way worse than just vegetarianism. No cheese!? My mom is eating paleo these days and even that's a pain when she visits.

I don't think I'd have too much trouble going vegetarian if I made that decision. Cheese would definitely be my primary concern with being vegan, and I would not want to do that at all.

I always ate eggs. I see them as no different from dairy in terms of being a byproduct. Until there's a chicken shortage in the world, I won't feel bad about taking away that egg's potential to be a chicken.

What is the worst gift you have ever received?

This heavy statuette of a young girl dancing. We were registering for our everyday china at a store in my wife's hometown, and registered for a couple of other things since all my MIL's friends shop there. the shop owner asked us if we liked the statue and we were like yeah it's nice so as to not offend her, but didn't register for it. well, then she ended up giving it to us later as our wedding gift. couldn't exchange that thing.

I always ate eggs. I see them as no different from dairy in terms of being a byproduct. Until there's a chicken shortage in the world, I won't feel bad about taking away that egg's potential to be a chicken.

I think the objection is less about that than the horrible conditions most chickens who produce mass market eggs are subjected to. Or maybe both. I don't know. Same with cheese and cows and goats.

Apparently the eggs we eat aren't unborn baby chickens....they are the product of chickens having their period. (PETA told me, it's true)

ITT people who made the choice to be vegetarian explain to non-vegetarians how easy it is. Also vegan is way worse than just vegetarianism. No cheese!? My mom is eating paleo these days and even that's a pain when she visits.

My mom is vegan, it's definitely a pain

I'm totally down with the vegetarian and vegan lifestyles. I totally understand why people would choose to do that but it's just not for me. Also, I couldn't give up red meat because...well....burgers. And if anyone says a turkey burger is a fine substitute I will cock punch you into tomorrow.

i have had some truly delicious non-beef burgers

i've also never had one that's as good as just a regular beef burger

Have you seen this new burger that is completely vegetarian but bleeds" like a beef burger?

GROSS. I can't imagine a big group of vegetarians and vegans asking for a bleeding burger substitute.

I'm really not a germ freak and have eaten at many questionable looking establishments, but one thing that irks me lately is food workers wearing gloves and touching every surface behind the counter in the process of making your food. Like today I got a sandwich and requested a sauce and the lady had to go to the back to get some, no telling what all she touched without changing gloves. I don't want to make a scene and be like you need to change them before you touch my food, but come on. be better, people.

you've never had a non-beef burger that was better than just some ground beef and two buns?

i mean i've had some blandass burgers at cookouts and fast food joints but...the principle is true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back