• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 2021: huge historic day today ! you are living history congrats !

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I worked in Chinatown, there was a place called Beef on 6th and H, which did great roastbeef sammy's. I am pretty sure they closed like within a year. I am amazed by the amount of Chinatown lunch places that can't stay open. Pretty soon that whole city is going to be Sweetgreens and Corner Bakeries.

Still go get pizza and knots at Wiseguys, its better than Burke Street.

That was Beef & Bread, and yeah, it was great, though all of the sandwiches were a little heavy and messy for lunch. And yeah, Chinatown is a tough spot for restaurants. I've worked in Chinatown for 12 of the 17 years I've lived in DC and the amount of turnover is pretty high, both for fast casual places and for actual restaurants. And now I'm really worried about what it's going to look like post-Covid.

The only thing I've read and over a year are a bunch of children's books. I can tell you guys all sorts of shapes and colors and animals.... So just ask if you have any questions at all

man I get cravings all the time for the noodle soup and dumplings from Chinatown Express. diviest place in Chinatown but so damn good.

is that the place that always had the ducks hanging in the front window and they'd be making/shaping dumplings right there?

Good Night Moon and Where the Wild Things Are are weirdly written. Like what's up with "Good night nothing" being in the middle of it all?

Reading is self care

In a year that I am cutting off Twitter and politics board and phone screen time and cutting back on my alcohol spending (if not consumption) I need a pressure release from a stressful job and the new responsibility of parenting

It’s not productive to “do” all the time

Reading is self care

In a year that I am cutting off Twitter and politics board and phone screen time and cutting back on my alcohol spending (if not consumption) I need a pressure release from a stressful job and the new responsibility of parenting

It’s not productive to “do” all the time

It’s funny to me that I basically only post on the Pit as well. It’s like a lukewarm bath in here.

There are now odds on who will be the permanent replacement for Alex Trebek. Across multiple sites. Ken Jennings is even money. To me he has been mediocre to poor. The next three are kind of surprising- George Stephanopoulos, LeVar Burton and Neil Degrasse Tyson. Showing up down the list is one of my favorites from ESPN, Mina Kimes. I really like her but am not sure she's right for this gig.

I think Jennings has done fine. He is replacing a guy who did it for 30 something years, I'm sure he Trebek was rough at first. Plus, Jennings has the most personal connection to the show and Trebek so surely it is weighing heavily on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back