• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 2021: huge historic day today ! you are living history congrats !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snyder’s honey mustard and onion bits are the perfect gas station snack for a road trip.

Y'all convinced me. My wife went to the store and I asked her to get me some honey mustard and onion and cinnamon sugar.

All candy bars should be fun size. I can’t remember if this is an original thought or if I heard it on Doughboys. But it’s true.

IMO the 7-layer dip is perfect for what it is, but I'd hardly call it "Mexican."

When we want the vinegary kick to whatever we're making these days, it's all about the quick-pickled onions. Even tiny baby (and by 'tiny baby' I mean my 15mo old because holy cow time flies) will house those, bc they're delicious.

Yeah that's why I had to ask to clarify wtf he was talking about but I just googled "7 layer dip" and our silicon valley overlords consider it as a Mexican dip. 7 Layer is alright, might have to try making it fresh to get the full experience.

All dips I have experience with in this area are definitely considered TexMex

Bob Armstrong Dip at Matt's El Rancho in Austin, TX is probably the best TexMex dip i've had.

My mother in law got me those for Christmas a couple years in a row and I legitimately was very happy about it!

"Shit, I forgot to get something for WRS. Gotta go get an obscene amount of peanut butter pretzels."

Yes this is true. Allows you to consume more variety, too. This leads to the question though, are Reece’s the exception? I feel like most prefer the larger cups to the foil wrapped ones. Personally I go foil wrapped. The holiday shapes are trash - the chocolate to peanut butter ratio is way off.

I’m not a big Reese’s fan so I prefer the holiday shapes because of a lower peanut butter ratio.

I think the fun size foil wrapped ones have a better ratio and easier to take down in one bite. I’d rather eat three of the fun size instead of one of the normal one.

"Shit, I forgot to get something for WRS. Gotta go get an obscene amount of peanut butter pretzels."

Lol yeah probably. Her family is nuts so the pandemic has helped us avoid the usual holiday shit shows. Her maternal grandmother one year got two prepackaged meat and cheese platters from Harris Teeter and wrapped them up for my wife and brother in law as Christmas gifts. And it was the like the Lunchables style rolled meat if you know what I mean on this big plastic tray. She got to the family get together and was like “Oh X and Y need to open their presents right away”. I was in absolute shock watching them unwrap those things.

Lol yeah probably. Her family is nuts so the pandemic has helped us avoid the usual holiday shit shows. Her maternal grandmother one year got two prepackaged meat and cheese platters from Harris Teeter and wrapped them up for my wife and brother in law as Christmas gifts. And it was the like the Lunchables style rolled meat if you know what I mean on this big plastic tray. She got to the family get together and was like “Oh X and Y need to open their presents right away”. I was in absolute shock watching them unwrap those things.

That is a fucking awesome Grandpa move.

Y’all ever had pumpernickel pretzels? Those bad boys are excellent. Also these
074745966c846b72fd07f389a72d3695.jpg

Better TV character: Buddy Garrity or Coach Taylor?

Coach Taylor.

But I love that Buddy Garrett was played by the same person in both the movie and the show.

Really leaning into the bachelor weekend. There is a place by me called The Ice Cream Shop that is about to deliver me some Ben & Jerry’s.

Watching Talladega Nights now. I fucking love Gary Cole in this movie.

Really? I feel like they are in everything. Not complaining tho.

Feel like living in Austin makes for a different situation.

I like pickled jalapeños but sometimes they’re super mushy. Gotta have a bit of snap to them still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back