• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2022: Happy Pride, Biff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty awesome. Hiking was prohibited above a certain elevation on Etna. There were eruptions all day erry day, but just a lot of smoke and rumbling. Defs saw lava spewing up into the air from Stromboli which was cool.

Also hiked through the Haleakala crater in Maui several times. It is dormant, hasn’t erupted since 1730 or something like that. I worked in the rain forests on the western slopes of the volcano and we had to fly in and out of the field sites by helicopter. Every once in a while the weather would be so bad that the helicopter could not fly, so we’d have to hike the 12 miles out, up over the rim, down across the crater then back up the other side. It was exhausting but fucking cool.

Why would pro tennis players/golfers wear a watch?

cmon now it's not like LA is SF or Seattle. nothing going on with all that sprawl.
/
As a general foodie, Like I've read plenty of "best food cities in the US" and I imagine SF or Seattle may have a bit better food scene per capita, but we still got 5-10x the population and in sheer volume and upper end places, perhaps SF can compare but I really doubt many of these places like Seattle/Portland/DC can sniff LA's jock

I specifically remembering doing a lot of research into DC fine dining as I've had a few trips there the past few years and being really underwhelmed, yet on these lists DC is apparently a better food town than LA. It's just nonsense.

Checking out Apple “spatial” music…

Interesting and I’d say it’s a good sound. Sort of slightly separates each voice/instrument and everything sounds a little more distinct or “punchy”. The effect is on balance not overdone or “in your face” but subtle/soft enough yet clearly discernible.

Not convinced it’s enough of an improvement to become widely adopted outside of Apple (or to replace good stereo sound)…or maybe that’s not even the plan…?

/
As a general foodie, Like I've read plenty of "best food cities in the US" and I imagine SF or Seattle may have a bit better food scene per capita, but we still got 5-10x the population and in sheer volume and upper end places, perhaps SF can compare but I really doubt many of these places like Seattle/Portland/DC can sniff LA's jock

I specifically remembering doing a lot of research into DC fine dining as I've had a few trips there the past few years and being really underwhelmed, yet on these lists DC is apparently a better food town than LA. It's just nonsense.

NE cities aren't going to be able to compete with the rest of the country other then NY.

other than perhaps vegas it has the worst "fine dining" ripoff places and no culture of its own. Sure you can get a decent taco but you can get the same or better in every big city with an immigrant population. Like, what is LA food best known for? Absolutely nothing.

I was joking to be clear, we went to LA to eat and party and had a great time doing both

Hopefully everyone in Austin is safe, and if you aren’t safe and got shot it’s probably the most appropriate time to spring for the hospital visit upgrade

“ One hospital received 11 of the victims for treatment while another person was transported to a different hospital. One person went to an urgent care facility with multiple gunshot wounds, Chacon said.”

Indian food has the lowest floor of any food type. Like, bad Indian food is worse that public school cafeteria rectangular pizza. Id rather take my chances with bush meat than bad Indian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back