• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2022: Happy Pride, Biff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it might officially be hot from here on out. No days below 86° in the next 10, with 7 above 90°. To celebrate that & for Friday vibes, I’m having a PBR on my patio. Will be grilling a steak here shortly before the canes play.

In other exciting news, this morning was the first morning I had blueberries from my bushes with breakfast. Felt pretty cool and tasty wonderfully. Squash is starting to show the veggies as are green beans.

I now live like 2 houses down from Matt/chic and there is a steady stream of our kids in all combinations going back and forth. Really dig it.

I now live like 2 houses down from Matt/chic and there is a steady stream of our kids in all combinations going back and forth. Really dig it.

Kids running back and forth and in and out all around the 'hood is the best.

Just drank 4 Modelos while grilling and watching the kids play in the pool. Currently snuggling with the 3 year old while she falls asleep, and there’s about a 95 percent chance I’ll still be here when my alarm goes off in the morning.

Just drank 4 Modelos while grilling and watching the kids play in the pool. Currently snuggling with the 3 year old while she falls asleep, and there’s about a 95 percent chance I’ll still be here when my alarm goes off in the morning.

That's it right there. Snuggling is top-3 favorite activity.

Took the kid to pick out a toy at Target tonight and then spent 40 minutes finding a screwdriver small enough to open the battery pack.

Now ripping the volcano with the wife and having a couple beers.

I recently submitted a paper where they were like format, what format, do whatever you want and if accepted we got you, we will edit it and do all the tedious bullshit. Tell your Indian dev team more of that.

Sadly I’m not working on journals anymore but I know everyone likes format neutral submissions

Journals are about 60% of my company’s revenue, but i work for the college division now, on e-courseware and web stuff

I recently submitted a paper where they were like format, what format, do whatever you want and if accepted we got you, we will edit it and do all the tedious bullshit. Tell your Indian dev team more of that.

That’s cool. Submitting papers is a pain in the ass. Formatting is part of it. I haven’t decided if I’m going to keep publishing in journals as a first author anymore. It’s such a racket. No offense, Townie.

Damn was just having a similar car discussion with the wife on our drive into Chapel Hill. I need a new vehicle soon, anybody have any thoughts on hybrid SUVs?

We’re here by the way to grab lunch (she’s an alum) and then continue on to Carolina Beach. First beach trip for the boy and my first time at that particular beach. Any CB suggestions? We’re staying at a condo right across the main strip/boardwalk.

Fat Pelican.

Hence me saying that it’s a long tail on asset reallocation
I still have no idea what this means.

(I'm sure you're busy and the boards are not your priority, but you aren't responding to specific questions!)

That’s cool. Submitting papers is a pain in the ass. Formatting is part of it. I haven’t decided if I’m going to keep publishing in journals as a first author anymore. It’s such a racket. No offense, Townie.
Haha, things are so different in the humanities. A single article may take years. In my subfield, years and years. It's insane.

Define “may take years.” The stuff I’m working now is based on interviews completed 7-8 years ago. I’ve already published an article and book out of it but I’m trying to get a few more articles before writing a second book and going up for full.

I’m jealous of people who just take a public dataset and run some analysis and just pump out a bunch of papers. Not really my style.

I was an editor for two tax journals and the submissions we used to get were absolutely atrocious in terms of formatting and citations.

Or a uniform formatting criteria and citation style among all the journals in a field. Why the fuck can’t Biological Conservation, Conservation Biology, Ecology and Conservation, Animal Conservation and Biodiversity Conservation all have the same format requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back