• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

chat thread 2022: Happy Pride, Biff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also on team V-Neck.

I totally wore wife-beaters a lot about 15-20 years ago. When you have guns like these, they are begging to be shown off. Or at least that was the logic back in my early 20s. I had multiple colors and styles. I still wear a lot of tank tops, but it's more Nike dri-fit than Hanes.

team v neck until i have a sweater or zip neck then it's crew time

like, if diggler doesn't wear a crew neck undershirt then I won't post til the next chat thread

I mean, I spend most of my time when it's above 50 degrees outside shirtless, but I'm the only bro here that will rock a wifebeater?

Damn was just having a similar car discussion with the wife on our drive into Chapel Hill. I need a new vehicle soon, anybody have any thoughts on hybrid SUVs?

We’re here by the way to grab lunch (she’s an alum) and then continue on to Carolina Beach. First beach trip for the boy and my first time at that particular beach. Any CB suggestions? We’re staying at a condo right across the main strip/boardwalk.

Flaming Amy’s burrito barn in cb. Not far from where you’re at

I was team crew neck but since coming back to the office have skipped an undershirt altogether.

I am too sweaty to not have some sort of undershirt under a dress shirt.

I've tried it, but it just feels too weird for me. It somehow makes me even more sweaty.

I have crew undershirts in the office. So what. My work shirts last longer that way.

i had a sweat problem in high school and college and couldn't go without an undershirt; dress shirt without feels ridiculous now

Last edited:
Team v-neck except crew neck under sweaters or when I wear a tie. I also sweat too much not to, and this means I need to launder my dress shirts less and they never wear out this way. (I also don't sweat that much, relatively, so I have no idea how others don't do this)

I wore a lot of wife beaters growing up and in college but they weren't white or cotton or wife beaters, really. Called them "singlets" and they were more classy. Also during lacrosse season it was reversible pinnies. A name I've always thought looked stupid in writing. Pinafore!

In England we called them "vests" which I always thought sounded like a fancy name for jersey.

I went whitewater rafting last year and the life jackets had a very distinct smell that finally hit me that it was the unwashed plastic gym pinnies full of sweat thrown into a mesh gym sack smell.

Oh shit, the infamous "hockey bag" smell. I can still conjure it in my mind now

I submit that tech companies trying to completely automate support is the worst trend of the past 20 years. Uber Eats is going nuts on I think attempting to individually charge every item I ordered on a sushi order last night and it's ruined my whole morning.

I absolutely hate automated support. Give me a human any day.

With you on this one, plama

Hello CT, I am now in need of some vibes. I’ll try to keep a very long story short but earlier this year I interviewed for a great internal role that would have required relocating. It’s a similar job to what I am doing now but healthcare specific working with much larger companies (up to $2B revenue). We have done it before but not preferred at this point given that we bought our house only 3 years ago and are really loving Durham. I didn’t end up getting that opportunity but soon after they had an unexpected departure and reposted that job here in the Triangle. I’m one of two finalists for the role and am expecting a decision hopefully next week after a final conversation with the hiring manager this afternoon. This would be a really golden opportunity to move into a higher level role AND stay put here. Thanks bros — much appreciated.

Healthcare + life sciences/biotech to clarify

viiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiibes
vibes vibes vibes

VIIIIIBEs

Hello CT, I am now in need of some vibes. I’ll try to keep a very long story short but earlier this year I interviewed for a great internal role that would have required relocating. It’s a similar job to what I am doing now but healthcare specific working with much larger companies (up to $2B revenue). We have done it before but not preferred at this point given that we bought our house only 3 years ago and are really loving Durham. I didn’t end up getting that opportunity but soon after they had an unexpected departure and reposted that job here in the Triangle. I’m one of two finalists for the role and am expecting a decision hopefully next week after a final conversation with the hiring manager this afternoon. This would be a really golden opportunity to move into a higher level role AND stay put here. Thanks bros — much appreciated.

Good luck dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back