• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 2022: Viel Glück für alle!

that's pretty good! when did you start, new years?

Thanks! It's hard not to eat cookies and cinnamon rolls and all the deliciousness that my wife makes at 9pm every night...

Started about 2 weeks ago. I did the same thing last year and lost 30 lbs in about 4 months by doing the keto thing...Gained every damn last pound back over the past 7 months...Now to start over and hopefully keep it off! I'm not going keto or any special fad diet...Just cutting everything back, especially beer and bread.

Guys, my weight loss journey continues and I really haven't cut anything out other than IPAs and other heavy beers. I'm also working on portion control. I'm still 30 pounds from cute, but I'm excited about the progress.

Did you pick up some low cal IPAs? Any good?

I went the opposite direction and picked up a sixer of Tropicalia when I was driving through Georgia. Enjoying one out back right now as it is 70 & sunny.

Guys, my weight loss journey continues and I really haven't cut anything out other than IPAs and other heavy beers. I'm also working on portion control. I'm still 30 pounds from cute, but I'm excited about the progress.

Hells yeah, brolesterol.

I dated a girl at Wake who was a communications major. Granted this was 1993.

this shit with the gamestop bubble from reddit is crazy.

I like the that’s not Communications, that’s a different useless major, communications.

mockery doesn't hit the same way when the first part of your sentence is unintelligible but at least you tried

Did you pick up some low cal IPAs? Any good?

I went the opposite direction and picked up a sixer of Tropicalia when I was driving through Georgia. Enjoying one out back right now as it is 70 & sunny.

Haven't yet but was in a rush at the store the other day and just grabbed some Mich Ultra. Planning on trying the Lagunitas

Is the difference between the fields public relations/broadcasting vs how ideas are disseminated through culture?

Chat Thread 2022: whoa-o-oh the Sun is the provider of your energy

Really wish Wake had a college of Cultural Studies that could house multiple departments: African American Studies, Women’s & Gender Studies, Humanities, Sociology, Anthropology. Seems all the attention in the past couple decades has been on the business, medical, and law schools.

There are some great faculty at Wake that would work well in that college. I’m glad Dr Franco has been able to create the Humanities institute and Jewish Studies minor and introduced Chicano/a literature courses to the English department and such things. For a liberal arts school we certainly do place a heavy emphasis on business.

Really wish Wake had a college of Cultural Studies that could house multiple departments: African American Studies, Women’s & Gender Studies, Humanities, Sociology, Anthropology. Seems all the attention in the past couple decades has been on the business, medical, and law schools.

because all the studies in the first sentence are not worth spending $250k to study.

What’s the difference between Communications and Communications ?

I’ve only ever been to Ocracoke in OBX before. My wife and I are thinking of going somewhere further up (anywhere from Corolla to Nags Head really) with our infant and my sister in mid-May. Any recs for the best beach with solid restaurants and such things? Thanks

I’ve only ever been to Ocracoke in OBX before. My wife and I are thinking of going somewhere further up (anywhere from Corolla to Nags Head really) with our infant and my sister in mid-May. Any recs for the best beach with solid restaurants and such things? Thanks

Duck is prob best mix of good beach and good restaurants. Nags head has better restaurants but probably more crowded. Though in mid May crowds won’t be too bad.

Is the difference between the fields public relations/broadcasting vs how ideas are disseminated through culture?

generally

Communications is business/telephones/i wanna be a tv reporter
Communication is rhetoric/social science/interpersonal/public speaking etc.

Back