• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 2022: Viel Glück für alle!

i have never been to the outer banks but instead go to someplace much closer like bald head, figure 8, or kiawah. what am i missing and is it worth the drive?

it's very cool and all but not worth your drive vs just going to bald head

Very different vibes in my experience

Bald Head is ritzy

Ocracoke is chill and has cool trees and such things

Northern Outern Banks also gets filled up with people from the Mid-Atlantic who you would rather not hang out with.

You all need to experience Cape Lookout. Places like bald head and duck are way too full of people. Ocracoke is pretty close, but the wild, remote, undeveloped landscapes of Portsmouth Island and Core Banks are simply amazing.

I used to love as a kid staying at Atlantic Beach and taking my grandad's boat from Morehead City out to Shackleford and Lookout

I awoke from troubled dreams this morning to discover I had been turned into an enormous bug.

But really I had a sleep paralysis episode and woke up yelling. That followed a dream in which Senator Leahy died (he was hospitalized but released yesterday). Then I looked out the window just in time to watch the recycle truck skip us. Hope everyone’s day is off to a better start!

I awoke from troubled dreams this morning to discover I had been turned into an enormous bug.

But really I had a sleep paralysis episode and woke up yelling. That followed a dream in which Senator Leahy died (he was hospitalized but released yesterday). Then I looked out the window just in time to watch the recycle truck skip us. Hope everyone’s day is off to a better start!

Dude, we’re about to start The Metamorphosis. That may be my favorite work of literature in history. Kafka is so damn good.

You all need to experience Cape Lookout. Places like bald head and duck are way too full of people. Ocracoke is pretty close, but the wild, remote, undeveloped landscapes of Portsmouth Island and Core Banks are simply amazing.

we had a trip planned to cape lookout but then the chinese released the wuhan flu on everyone. definitely going sometime soon.

we like going to bald head off season when it's virtually empty. agree it's too crowded during the summer. and for a ritzy place, the restaurants SUCK.

I liked Bald Head for DF2009’s wedding

Great memories driving a golf cart around hammered at all hours and beach bonfire and getting big time basketball commitments

Think we’re going to Cape Cod for Labor Day this year too

I’m more of a mountain/lake house vacation guy myself

Dude, we’re about to start The Metamorphosis. That may be my favorite work of literature in history. Kafka is so damn good.

I was super into him during AP English. The Trial blew my mind. I was loving The Castle but never finished it, which seems kind of fitting for that book.

I liked Bald Head for DF2009’s wedding

Great memories driving a golf cart around hammered at all hours and beach bonfire and getting big time basketball commitments

Think we’re going to Cape Cod for Labor Day this year too

I’m more of a mountain/lake house vacation guy myself

i like all vacations

BBD gets COVID test !!

Hit up the Kafka museum in Prague back in late 07 or so. Most memorable thing was the fountain out front of dude's pissing.

And for it to be summer

Same. I generally like the winter & cold weather but yesterday it was 70 & sunny. I had a beer outside next to my blueberry bushes on the patio. They’re filled with buds which generally means fruit. Enjoying the bweather, a beer, and looking at the plants made me want summer ASAP as possible.

tell me more about yr blueberry bushes those sound p dope i would like to plant them in my new garden

congratulations you've been awarded +1 talkin' fruit point!

Same. I generally like the winter & cold weather but yesterday it was 70 & sunny. I had a beer outside next to my blueberry bushes on the patio. They’re filled with buds which generally means fruit. Enjoying the bweather, a beer, and looking at the plants made me want summer ASAP as possible.

yeah it was such a damn waste to have a 65-degree day on a Tuesday, and it's like 55 today. then it'll be 35 tomorrow.

tell me more about yr blueberry bushes those sound p dope i would like to plant them in my new garden

congratulations you've been awarded +1 talkin' fruit point!

In my experience, they’re fairly easy to take care of. Just have to make sure the soil is acidic enough or modify it to be acidic. I use grow bags as I don’t have a yard. Recommend getting at least two to start as the most common ones need a pollinator, and make sure they’re different types. Birds love to take the berries so nets are needed.

Home Depot has some bushes you can order that will likely produce fruit this summer. If you went with smaller bushes, it could take 2-3 years.

Back