• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 2022: Viel Glück für alle!

In my experience, they’re fairly easy to take care of. Just have to make sure the soil is acidic enough or modify it to be acidic. I use grow bags as I don’t have a yard. Recommend getting at least two to start as the most common ones need a pollinator, and make sure they’re different types. Birds love to take the berries so nets are needed.

Home Depot has some bushes you can order that will likely produce fruit this summer. If you went with smaller bushes, it could take 2-3 years.

Thanks!

Completely unhelpful, but young tilt went to the obx a few times as a kid. Got a big house with my dads side of the family. He has three younger brothers and when they let me stay up late and play poker and cribbage with them it was probably the coolest I’ve ever felt at any point in my life. That’s not saying much, granted, but it was awesome.

I want to start a non-profit organization with the mission of spreading cribbage to the younger generation

great aunt and uncle had a place at Salter Path on Emerald Isle, so that's the beach I've been to the most

never been NOBX, I don't think

yeah it was such a damn waste to have a 65-degree day on a Tuesday, and it's like 55 today. then it'll be 35 tomorrow.

yesterday was weird. it was 70 in franklin, 65 in asheville, and 48 in Charlotte. kept waiting for the warm weather to open the windows for a few hours, but NOTHING.

Dude, we’re about to start The Metamorphosis. That may be my favorite work of literature in history. Kafka is so damn good.

In high school we had to pick from a list of books to do an in-depth report and presentation in front of the class. Slacker me immediately went through the list and picked out the shortest book.

Luckily, it was both short and awesome. I am sure, however, that high school me understood it largely in a literal way.

Have read it a few more times since then.

i try to teach people all the time. i don't know why millennials are so resistant to card games that aren't Poker

We played Spades up in the mountain this weekend. Had a great time. I learned how to play from former DE Jamil Smith when I was at Wake.

I love card games and know a few, especially euchre, that I hardly ever find someone else that knows how to play. Not a super hard game to teach but you can only play with 4 players which is somewhat limiting. My family also plays a game called “oh hell” that is incredibly fun/aggressive that we’ve taught to everyone we know. Big hit at holidays and on vacation.

grew up in an Oh Hell family (dad called it Oh Heck) and we play all the fucking time -- top notch game -- how do you guys bid, WRS? we're an all-at-once family, with the card on your head for one

pops is the only one I play cribbage with, which is sad, but it's a great way to hang out

learned euchre about five years ago and immediately recognized it as a Mt. Rushmore four-person card game -- a lot easier to find folks that know how to play in the Midwest

We were a spades family growing up. Played all the time.

Best beach card game is spoons though. Things get real rowdy and loud.

I love card games and know a few, especially euchre, that I hardly ever find someone else that knows how to play. Not a super hard game to teach but you can only play with 4 players which is somewhat limiting. My family also plays a game called “oh hell” that is incredibly fun/aggressive that we’ve taught to everyone we know. Big hit at holidays and on vacation.

Play a lot of euchre out here with my buddies great uncles , yet I always need a refresher on the rules

My wife and I play cribbage all the time. There’s something to be said about a great two person game.

all good games. I also like hearts but it's a little less rowdy.

Canasta is the greatest card game. Snowdays back in the day, the fam would play some epic games that lasted hours on end.

grew up in an Oh Hell family (dad called it Oh Heck) and we play all the fucking time -- top notch game -- how do you guys bid, WRS? we're an all-at-once family, with the card on your head for one

pops is the only one I play cribbage with, which is sad, but it's a great way to hang out

learned euchre about five years ago and immediately recognized it as a Mt. Rushmore four-person card game -- a lot easier to find folks that know how to play in the Midwest

Yeah I gather that a lot of these games are super regional. My parents/whole family are from Rochester originally.

I think we follow pretty conventional Oh Hell rules, although I admittedly don’t know too many other people that play. Clockwise bids starting to the left of the dealer, we use pennies to denote the number of tricks you want. The genius of it really is in the simplicity. I recently suggested a tweak that we are piloting: we set the order so that the winner of the prior game has to deal on one.

Back