• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 23: Might finish it today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally back in Winston with the dog. Apparently my roommate decided to keep our apartment at 65 degrees when neither of us were home. I love her to death, but sometimes she's not the most sensible person.

LOL smidger is hardly an asshole. Just a goofy college student. Doesn't seem like a bad guy at all though.

While there are lots of things that can irk me, there are very few things that really piss me off to the point where my hands clench into fists and I can't smile through something.

Tonight at my second job, while stating that I didn't know anything about BBQ, one gentleman referred to me as "boy."

Now, I know that might not seem like a lot but that is just something that REALLY grinds my gears. I think the customer could tell too because he changed his attitude really quick.

I'm still kinda hot about it. That word, when used in regards to a grown up, just seems really insulting and condescending to me.

i'm about to go nuclear on TWC's ass

What have you got going on. My fiance is about to do the same thing. When she moved in with me back in December, she bought out her contract with TWC and called in and they told her the last thing she owed was a 75 dollar fee. She paid the 75 dollars online because the rep told her he would have to charge her for paying over the phone.

She paid it off and has confirmation of that and saw the balance on her account as zero, so she never paid it any other attention.

Now, months later she starts getting calls from TWC and never calls them back thinking it's just them trying to get her back as a customer etc. Then about three weeks ago a letter comes from a collections agency saying she owes 120 dollars to TWC. Since then she has been trying to dispute it/find out what the 120 dollars is for but TWC's answer is just, "That is what's owed."

She is about to go ballistic on them.

Hmmmm... Only one firm in Early Interview Week 1 is looking for resumes from LLM students. However, there are some things I'm liking about this firm.

When it comes to lifestyle, nothing is more defining of Jacksonville than the water. The city is literally built around the expansive St. Johns River. As a firm, we make the most of the river with the Windsong, a 56-foot motor yacht that we use for social outings and client entertainment, including Jacksonville Jaguars football games.

The city’s eastern border is the Atlantic Ocean. Many of our lawyers live in beach neighborhoods, which are just a 35-minute commute from our downtown office.

Our intent is to maintain compensation at or above market norms. Ours is an entrepreneurial culture, so each individual has the potential to earn what their contribution merits.

yeah well when someone calls me a cunt I tend to think of them in a negative light.
fucking sue me for having a difference of opinion.

would've thought you of all people would have a thicker skin
if i was called that i'd be pissed too
but i'd imagine you'd tell me to get over it
either way, i might sue you, but it won't be for having a difference of opinion
it'll be for being a cun...ningly intelligent and well-spoken CT contributor

I had an awesome night. Took a private, curator led gallery tour at Houston's Menil collection, where the curator took us into their storage rooms (the "treasure room") and we saw all the juicy stuff they don't put up for the public.

Then at the end, the administrative partner of the firm gave us tickets to go see Harry Potter on Thursday at a private, advance screening. I'll see it at 6:30 instead of midnight, so that's awesome...

it doesn't bother me so the thickness of my skin is not a question. I'm just saying I think the dudes a prick. Just like everyone thinks dv7 is a douche but I swear he's really a great guy.

I bet dv7 is a good dude. I bet smidge is a good dude.
I've never met either in real life. So I think we're on the same page.
I wouldn't say its ok for him to call you that, either, since 99 times out of 100 that word is not used in jest. If it was in jest, it would be in poor taste. If not in jest, then thats not ok either. So I see where you're coming from.

CT love. Its all CT love.

I'm sorry, did nobody see that I want to apply to a firm that uses a 56' yacht for entertaining clients?

Put your petty bullshit away for awhile and focus on me.

I don't use the C-word. I've dropped it in my life maybe five times. And when I dropped it I meant it. The other word I don't use is C-sucker. That's when shit gets real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back