• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 504.3.14: Chat Thread you better take care if I find you've been creepin' 'round my back stairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
team sure could've used the extra practices but uh I'll just check out until next year when we play

checks notes Ole Miss? Oh
I certainly won't believe the hype coming from Clawson and Les this offseason. At least Conor predicted 5-7 which should have been a warning.

Didn’t see anything from Kern really but that’s just me. Certainly don’t want him as our starting QB going into next season. Hoping the staff can pull a guy in the portal who wants to put up big numbers.

Just popped a gummy and am drinking an Elijah Craig old fashioned while I wait on my ramen pickup so thinks are looking up at least. Might get into a Christmas movie tonight, either the trash variety or maybe a classic.

Since we’ve reached the age where everyone pretty much has all the stuff we want/need we are making the switch to family secret Santa this year. Threw out a $250 limit so hopefully everyone can get one nicer gift rather than feeling so stressed about making sure they get something for every single family member.

Not that I think Kern is the long term answer at QB but I will eat crow for saying Griffis was starting because he was the best option. Yes they all kind of suck but Kern obviously sucked less than Griffis

Pretty sure moonzzz used to have one or more dwarf meme pics that would fit the situation perfectly.

Eating at the Village Tavern because we feeling fancy tonight.

Applebees booked?

I’m just kidding. I’m referencing the song. I miss Village Tavern.

Although there is a location in metro Atlanta.

Not that I think Kern is the long term answer at QB but I will eat crow for saying Griffis was starting because he was the best option. Yes they all kind of suck but Kern obviously sucked less than Griffis
None of this season's QBs are D1 caliber IMO and if Clawson is smart, he will suggest they walk through the transfer portal. Whilst he is waving goodbye to Griffis & co. at the transfer portal, he should hand Will Rogers from Mississippi State a ticket to Winston-Salem. In other news, Wake commit Jeremy Hecklinski from Walton HS (Marietta, GA) is doing work getting his team through the state playoff.

Since we’ve reached the age where everyone pretty much has all the stuff we want/need we are making the switch to family secret Santa this year. Threw out a $250 limit so hopefully everyone can get one nicer gift rather than feeling so stressed about making sure they get something for every single family member.
We take all the money that we used to spend on adult presents and sponsor a kid a piece in our kid’s classes and one from my high school. Started this about 4 years ago and it’s the best decision that we could’ve made because nobody ever got me anything that I ever really wanted and I can drop this kernel whenever anyone mentions Christmas presents and just absolutely relish in the smugness of it all.

We did this a few years ago and our limit is $200.

My wife got my brother (not the one Timmy Clutch knows) and asked for one thing from Amazon that is $195 before tax with $60 shipping.

He will be getting a $200 Amazon gift card.

I think it’s pretty likely that Hecklinski is the starting QB for Wake next year (assuming he enrolls in the spring). Maybe Kern for 1 bridge year, then Hecklinski.

People getting their hopes up for a stud transfer QB are going to end up disappointed. There’s a long list of schools that also want one of those, and even if we have semi-competitive NIL we still aren’t near the top of that list.

We take all the money that we used to spend on adult presents and sponsor a kid a piece in our kid’s classes and one from my high school. Started this about 4 years ago and it’s the best decision that we could’ve made because nobody ever got me anything that I ever really wanted and I can drop this kernel whenever anyone mentions Christmas presents and just absolutely relish in the smugness of it all.

I wish we just did this.

I can’t ever come up with anything for my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back