• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 504 (Annotated): Today is...where your chat begins. The rest is still unwritten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife purchased tickets for this UVA game at the beginning of the year (her sister and BIL are coming into town, sister got her MBA at UVA as did her dad). She is insistent that we bring the 3 year old who has never been able to sit still at a sporting event (made it through one half of WFU football on the hill with lots of time walking around the stadium). Am I crazy for thinking it's a terrible idea for an important home game that will maybe/hopefully be packed? Or should I just suck it up and accept that it will probably be terrible for actually watching the game but ultimately be a good experience for him?
I mean, I’m bringing my 4 and 6 year olds. Older one is great at sitting and watching. Wife will take the little one on walks through the concourse when he needs it. Bring the whole family.

guys my schedule is COMPLETELY EMPTY today

I was trying to keep this second half of the week light because we were thinking about maybe scheduling a last second babymoon/honeymoon thing, but we've decided on babymoon in early february and honeymoon in the fall

I should probbbbbably do some chores around our absolute disaster of a house (having three different groups of people roll in and out over a week and a half has left p much every room in disarray) but I think I have earned a day of videogame stress relief, and so

supposedly Brahmari is closing here. sad. heard it was due to the cost of grain but could just be Reddit speculation.
yeh my Birdsong friend mentioned this this morning. word is the investors pulled out and furloughed all employees in both locations. just awful shit

as a parent of a 3-year old who has had exactly the same amount of sporting event exposure, I agree with you that it could be a disaster.
Real ones know! I guess I should just start getting in the mindset that I'll be watching the second half from home and in the meantime hopefully he'll remember having lots of fun downing popcorn and ice cream and maybe seeing the motorcycle.

Real ones know! I guess I should just start getting in the mindset that I'll be watching the second half from home and in the meantime hopefully he'll remember having lots of fun downing popcorn and ice cream and maybe seeing the motorcycle.
why don't you go for the second half

1. I think it would be a great experience to look back on.
2. If your wife is insistent that the kiddo go and you do not, I don't think it's unfair to ask her to bear the brunt of "responsibility" for kiddo if he is all over the place.
3. Maybe that makes me a bad dad who puts Wake sporting events over focusing on family.

2. If your wife is insistent that the kiddo go and you do not, I don't think it's unfair to ask her to bear the brunt of "responsibility" for kiddo if he is all over the place.
3. Maybe that makes me a bad dad who puts Wake sporting events over focusing on family.

Consider the price of the ticket. Would you pay that much for a 3-year old to have any other experience, or is that an adult ticket price ?

I mean, I’m bringing my 4 and 6 year olds. Older one is great at sitting and watching. Wife will take the little one on walks through the concourse when he needs it. Bring the whole family.

As you know there is a big difference between 3 and 4 year olds, but yeah I get your point. I'm mostly concerned it's gonna me walking him around the concourse for half the game or he has a meltdown (this game time will mean no nap) and we have to leave altogether. Football and baseball have been much easier to handle because of all the downtime.

I expect her to try and step up a little bit in terms of taking care of him but right now he is clingy with me more than her and she's going to have her sister/BIL there and I'll feel bad if she has to spend time away from them.

We'll see how it goes!

Sure, take that advice if you wanna die I guess

We drove to Jacksonville with the kids for their first fb game last year at the gator bowl. Didn’t even make it to halftime before walking the concourse. It’s fine.

I didn't say it was good advice! Logically, that makes sense. Obviously it does not always play out like that.

We had an owl up in our yard too. Freaked the dog out last. Ugh t on her walk.
A great horned owl could easily kill a small dog. Barred, not so much, great horned owls eat foxes and racoons, so a 15lbs dog is doable.

We drove to Jacksonville with the kids for their first fb game last year at the gator bowl. Didn’t even make it to halftime before walking the concourse. It’s fine.
They were just ready to get out of jacksonville

To be fair it was my wife’s idea to to the gator bowl and it became her responsibility to do the concourse walk while I watched us suck in the first half against Rutgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back