• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 504 (Annotated): Today is...where your chat begins. The rest is still unwritten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've dodged cold/flu symptoms so far but defs seems like something might've gone around at the wedding-- most of the bridesmaids are sick, as is my mom :(

everyone's tested negative for covid so guess it's just flu but yeah. sorry lads

Liz got a pretty nasty 48hr stomach bug Sunday night through Tuesday

As soon as we're done testing I'm going home I think.

Yeah the issue we're having (that everybody in America is having???) is that taking the baby to daycare is more expensive than money she would bring in teaching.

But she really wants to at least do something during the day, even if it's just an hour or two, and it's pretty decent supplemental income for a part-time job, so we're trying to get by this way.

Not a great long-term solution though.
my wife might be going this path next year/taking a year or two off from the full-time jerb (they've told her she can come back basically whenever and she's got lots of colleagues as role models that did something similar) because we just have struck out badly on childcare and with a second bb entering the picture it's looking even less likely and would be even more expensive even if we did get into somewhere now

she also wants to continue doing some stuff part time but it'll only be on the table if we can get some half day care stuff figured out 2-3 days a week I think

i've dodged cold/flu symptoms so far but defs seems like something might've gone around at the wedding-- most of the bridesmaids are sick, as is my mom :(

everyone's tested negative for covid so guess it's just flu but yeah. sorry lads

if we got anything it's just a cold over here.. no biggie and honestly just part of my expectation for attending any large social event in the middle of the winter 😂

sorry about your mom, hope she rebounds fast :(

my wife might be going this path next year/taking a year or two off from the full-time jerb (they've told her she can come back basically whenever and she's got lots of colleagues as role models that did something similar) because we just have struck out badly on childcare and with a second bb entering the picture it's looking even less likely and would be even more expensive even if we did get into somewhere now

she also wants to continue doing some stuff part time but it'll only be on the table if we can get some half day care stuff figured out 2-3 days a week I think
ah dang that sucks. we're p happy with out daycare situation and I remember posting a while back at the price and everyone balking at how stupidly cheap it is.

wife is looking to hopefully get a new jerb at one of the private schools in the area. she has intel on one but it hasn't been posted yet, but she would be into any of the big 3.

We havea r

Yeah I think we will almost certainly be doing this as well, especially if/when baby number two gets here.

Daycare is exorbitantly expensive for even one child, so the second one makes it an obvious call.

Just walking a bit of a fine line with her because she wants to be active professionally as well. It's just a tough situation.

when we had the second kid our daycare bill was close to exceeding my wife's paycheck but she didn't stay home because 1) neither one of us are cut out to be stay at home parents 2) she's in a good job situation with really good benefits and didn't want to lose it and 3) daycare gets cheaper as the kid gets older

I don't even have flu just bad sore throat

bro you couldn't find someone to cover for you just giving a test?! seems like the easiest kind of cover one can provide
Yeah but when my test is one of three that basically determine how the entire school is graded from a state level, I just suck it up and come in and stay away from people. It would throw my kids off if I wasn't in here and their scores would suffer and then school looks bad, I look bad, etc.

Yeah I think we will almost certainly be doing this as well, especially if/when baby number two gets here.

Daycare is exorbitantly expensive for even one child, so the second one makes it an obvious call.

Just walking a bit of a fine line with her because she wants to be active professionally as well. It's just a tough situation.
oh for sure, I'm the one of us that is more suited to stay-at-home parent life I think/don't really put a ton of valuation/self-worth onto having the successfull career, but it just doesn't make sense right now to flip the roles

Yeah but when my test is one of three that basically determine how the entire school is graded from a state level, I just suck it up and come in and stay away from people. It would throw my kids off if I wasn't in here and their scores would suffer and then school looks bad, I look bad, etc.
yeah that's fair, you know your kids better than anyone else and comfort matters on test day

bro you couldn't find someone to cover for you just giving a test?! seems like the easiest kind of cover one can provide

I understand that you don't understand what our public school teachers are up against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back