• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 57: Smangin' It

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the words, everyone. I got stats on stats, and I feel good about my prospects. I really want to do it soon and get it over with cause I'm kinda nervous, but I know if I wait til this afternoon, my boss will be in a better mood, cause she's always in a good mood Friday afternoon.

Thanks for the words, everyone. I got stats on stats, and I feel good about my prospects. I really want to do it soon and get it over with cause I'm kinda nervous, but I know if I wait til this afternoon, my boss will be in a better mood, cause she's always in a good mood Friday afternoon.

Bro, your boss is a chick? Gotta go heavy on the exposed chest hair for sure.

Sunset Beach bound today, too bad I missed HTTD/AWAR. Townie good luck with the raise chat. Pro tip: Have lots of stats and specific work accomplishments in your back pocket and say "we" / "us" a lot.

Aw mannn! Have fun! Love Sunset =)

there are exactly 5 of us in the office today. thus, we're all in the conference room watching wimbledon. excellent friday workday.

Oh man, I got like one hour of sleep last night, and I can feel the tiredness creeping in. Come on 5 Hour, kick in before this interview starts!

there are exactly 5 of us in the office today. thus, we're all in the conference room watching wimbledon. excellent friday workday.

nice.

I'm contemplating going to a/perture's Tennis in the Streets on Sunday morning. They're showing the Wimbledon men's final and closing the street so people can play tennis on 4th. Seems like it could be interesting!

Man this Federer/Djokovic match is great so far.

nice.

I'm contemplating going to a/perture's Tennis in the Streets on Sunday morning. They're showing the Wimbledon men's final and closing the street so people can play tennis on 4th. Seems like it could be interesting!

That sounds kind of awesome. If I still resided in the West End I'd definitely make the trip up.

Still might drive myself down the eight minutes or so. Or just go out hard Saturday night and sleep in a ditch a street over. One of the two.

Are there any places in downtown Winston with good vegetarian options

If they are those vegetarians that say they will eat fish, let me know and I will add some restaurants to these options.

Spring House just opened this spring and is very good. They have just a few vegetarian options; however, they have whats called a vegetarian tasting plate. The disclaimer is everyone at the table has to eat that plate if you get it. Basically they make different vegetarian foods. I had it a few months ago and loved it. Spring House is also big into Farm to Fork, so most of the food is locally grown and fresh.

Screamin Rooster: You can't go wrong here. They have an entire section that is meatless. They are another Farm to Fork restaurant, so there are additional items on the menu each day based on what is available. Being that it is the summer, there are plenty of vegetarian options. This has quickly become one of my favorite restaurants in Winston and was voted "Best Farm to Fork Restaurant" in Winston last year.

Breakfast Of Course: Has a lot of vegetarian options for breakfast, but no idea how their dinner menu is.

Mooney's: Has vegetarian options, but to me many of them aren't healthy. Seems like a lot of items on their menu are fried.

There are people who claim to be vegetarian that actually eat fish. There are some restaurants that I would recommend, if the people eat fish because there are some good fish options.

Why is it that just about anytime anyone makes a comment you decide to "FIFY" and be a pain?

Ha I don't. I have probably FIFY <10 times since we changed to the new boards.

I recognize that people do that, I just find it funny that people do it since fish are animals. It wasn't meant to be a pain to you, but more of a statement of how I feel when people say "I am a vegetarian but I eat fish/chicken/white meat/etc."

ETA: I just did a search. Including the one I just posted, there were only 6 hits on the board that include me saying "FIFY"

Last edited:
What is this noise about some virus wiping out the interwebs on Monday?

some malware that would have infected like a year ago, they realized taking out the servers would knock out infected computer's internet access so they set up back-up servers, which are scheduled to go offline on Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back