• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 59: You can choose to be anything on the thread, so why not choose to be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprisingly at 42 I have trouble keeping up with a bunch of 17 year olds for 80 minutes that have just finished and 4 months of relatively intense conditioning and a 22 game season. Both of my hamstrings are so tight this morning that they feel like they’re in my shoulder blades.

My 14 year old was diagnosed with a severe peanut/tree nut allergy when he was 13 months old, so every month was no nut month in our house. Earlier this year, he tested at lower levels for pecan and walnut allergies. He did a "challenge" where he eat a spoonful of pecan butter under the supervision of the allergist and passed. Then the next month he passed the walnut challenge. I roasted some pecans this evening for a snack and they were amazing and the smell was incredible.
"I helped facilitate the end of my son's 'no nut November' by spoon feeding him nut."

#brandnewsentence

Surprisingly at 42 I have trouble keeping up with a bunch of 17 year olds for 80 minutes that have just finished and 4 months of relatively intense conditioning and a 22 game season. Both of my hamstrings are so tight this morning that they feel like they’re in my shoulder blades.

I thought mako was way older than me.

If you got out injury-free then it was a good game

I will say that it has been weird lately with kids that are 9/7/5... I don't connect with those parents with newborns/toddlers and people with kids in high school still seem so fucking old to me.
I just took a poll and out of the 24 kids in my first period, only one of them has a parent older than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back