• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread 59: You can choose to be anything on the thread, so why not choose to be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
78% of DOTA players said they experienced harassment in 2021!

lol OGBoards is nothing compared to the ole doto chat

you forget to place wards straight to flame
you don't use your items straight to flame
you lose straight to flame
believe it or not you win straight to flame

I have always wondered why LOL and DOTA have the reputation for being so toxic. Only thing I can think of is that there are basically no casual players, everyone that is playing is serious about the game.

Sorry, if it was confusing.

I was just recommending anyone and everyone here PM you If they need any advice. You give great advice. Advice so deep, so deep it puts me to sleep. Anywhoo, no question too big nor any too small, he'll take em all.

I have always wondered why LOL and DOTA have the reputation for being so toxic. Only thing I can think of is that there are basically no casual players, everyone that is playing is serious about the game.
I get ranked, but I just play unranked in LoL and basically use it for dopamine hits at like 9PM. I'm admittedly terrible compared to everybody around me, and am 100% aware of that haha.

Feels like everybody is just GODLIKE at the game compared to me.

They need to have a queue just for dads/moms who play twice a week and are doing their best without getting tryhards in there who just spam chat all game telling me to "go 0-1 in life".

Is part of the issue that the games take a long time, so you are stuck with teammates for like 30 minutes or whatever? Is there a way to just resign a game in which you are clearly losing like Rocket League has?

Is part of the issue that the games take a long time, so you are stuck with teammates for like 30 minutes or whatever? Is there a way to just resign a game in which you are clearly losing like Rocket League has?
You can FF after 15 mins, but need 4/5 of your team to do that. You're stuck for 15 mins no matter what.

I do think that is a factor - you're getting romped in a game that you can't get out of. Don't really know what the alternative is though since if you made it earlier/easier then people would be forfeiting all the time when it doesn't really need to happen.

Riot probably just needs to get better at banning/limiting smurf accounts overall at lower levels, but it's not a profitable move to ban users of your base.

Saw an ad the other day for permanent contacts which seems like a not good idea?
When I was evaluated for LASIK the surgeon said I’m not a good candidate for that but offered implantable contact lenses. They were 3x the cost of LASIK, not covered by insurance, and he only did a couple dozen a year as compared to hundreds of LASIK procedures. I politely declined.

I submit Smokin' Aces:

Affleck
Andy Garcia
Ray Liotta
Ryan Reynolds
Chris Pine
Joel Edgerton
Bateman
Peter Berg
Jeremy Piven
Taraji P. Hensen
Common
Matthew Fox

And then you have some That Guys Kevin Durand, Martin Henderdson, Nestor Carbonell, Tommy Flanagan, Curtis Armstrong (Booger)

And then singers Alicia Keys and Wayne Newton, of course.

You can FF after 15 mins, but need 4/5 of your team to do that. You're stuck for 15 mins no matter what.

I do think that is a factor - you're getting romped in a game that you can't get out of. Don't really know what the alternative is though since if you made it earlier/easier then people would be forfeiting all the time when it doesn't really need to happen.

Riot probably just needs to get better at banning/limiting smurf accounts overall at lower levels, but it's not a profitable move to ban users of your base.
I have never understood the concept of smurfing in basically any game. How is it fun to just demolish people that are worse than you at a game?

When I was evaluated for LASIK the surgeon said I’m not a good candidate for that but offered implantable contact lenses. They were 3x the cost of LASIK, not covered by insurance, and he only did a couple dozen a year as compared to hundreds of LASIK procedures. I politely declined.
Big eye conspiring against bbd

I have never understood the concept of smurfing in basically any game. How is it fun to just demolish people that are worse than you at a game?
idk apparently people will pay people to rank their accounts up too, which sounds really really dumb to me.

I at least see how it could be fun to just absolutely obliterate people every once in a while.

I get ranked, but I just play unranked in LoL and basically use it for dopamine hits at like 9PM. I'm admittedly terrible compared to everybody around me, and am 100% aware of that haha.

Feels like everybody is just GODLIKE at the game compared to me.

They need to have a queue just for dads/moms who play twice a week and are doing their best without getting tryhards in there who just spam chat all game telling me to "go 0-1 in life".
we call that ARAM

A quick Dota game is 30 minutes. The real anger is being stuck for a damned hour with terrible people.

There's also no surrender button in this game outside of the kory strat of hiding in the jungle away from the other team.

idk apparently people will pay people to rank their accounts up too, which sounds really really dumb to me.

I at least see how it could be fun to just absolutely obliterate people every once in a while.
Yeah, paying to get a ranked-up account is even stupider. Like congrats, you get to lose your next 15 games in a row once you start playing again.

I suppose people are delusional enough to believe that the only reason they are at a low rank is because their teammates suck, and if they could just start playing at a high rank they would easily hold their own.

I submit Smokin' Aces:

Affleck
Andy Garcia
Ray Liotta
Ryan Reynolds
Chris Pine
Joel Edgerton
Bateman
Peter Berg
Jeremy Piven
Taraji P. Hensen
Common
Matthew Fox

And then you have some That Guys Kevin Durand, Martin Henderdson, Nestor Carbonell, Tommy Flanagan, Curtis Armstrong (Booger)

And then singers Alicia Keys and Wayne Newton, of course.
Is Common a shittier rapper or actor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back