• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CHAT THREAD 60: Posted From Stolen Land

Status
Not open for further replies.
today is the day my sycamore tree is dropping all of its remaining leaves, and it is an impressive sight. i'm just sitting here watching leaves blow around.

Yesterday I picked up all the leaves and mowed, thinking it might rain today.

Today it looks like I did nothing yesterday. Leafmageddon.

which poster is most likely to walk substantial distances with their hands clasped behind their back?

I’ve also booked a surprise sunrise hot air balloon ride over Tenochtitlan for me and the wife. It’s romantic to be woken up at 345 with no explanation, right?

This warrants the nearly universal correct answer to most questions: "It depends...".

Played TENNIS this morning, felt great. Then when I got home this spot in my upper back just fucking seized up and hurts like shit. Been on a heating pad since.
Feels your pain. Was putting my daughter in her car seat to take to preschool yesterday and I threw my lower back out.

I ended up in the driveway for 35 minutes on hands and knees before someone could get me inside. I've been taking muscle relaxers, pain pills and alternating heat and ice, and it hasn't touched the pain. I still can't even stand up, much less walk, without assistance.

Went to Ortho Carolina today and they gave me some Prednisone and more muscle relaxers. Said they'll do scans if it isn't better in a week.

I've always had a terrible back, especially for a young fella, but this time it's unlike anything I've ever experienced.

Travel and enjoy life while you can, my OGB friends.

A dear long-term friend of my wife from Switzerland, whose two girls we hosted for a few months when they were teens, recently has been in touch due to her husband being diagnosed with an incurable cancer. Several years away from retirement (about our age). Very hard, sad and difficult time for them.

Partly why I decided today to book a heretofore unplanned trip to the Caribbean for January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back