• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand why doctors can’t get their shit together on wait times. It’s like, hey I know you have a 5yo that feels like absolute dogshit, but I’m gonna tell you to be here at 10 am and then have you wait in your fucking car for 45 minutes and then have my receptionist get hella snippy when you call from the parking lot to ask how much longer it’s gonna be.

People are selfish and can't be on time and it just cascades.

nah, I blame the current state of healthcare and health insurance where you can only make money taking most insurance if you book like 15 minute appointments for patients, in which time it is impossible for a doctor to do a good job, so it's either go over time or give shit care -- it often ends up being both

not in the suburban lifestyle dream that is C H A R L O T T E

I probably already posted this, but the picture made me think of it again: it's wild driving through on state highways through small towns where there is not a single locally-owned business anywhere except for, like, hair and nail places

all Dollar Generals, private equity-owned medical companies, tanning spots, fast food, gas stations

the mom-and-pop store or restaurant is just fully gone from small town America unless you go like super rural

not sure what towns you're driving around in but that's an exaggeration by quite a bit.

not sure what towns you're driving around in but that's an exaggeration by quite a bit.

due to traffic on the interstate, I was on state highways going through Kentucky, Tennessee, Western North Carolina, and North Georgia and all the towns were the exact same

so not like Bloomington, IN small town, but like population 20k Trump Country small town

I probably already posted this, but the picture made me think of it again: it's wild driving through on state highways through small towns where there is not a single locally-owned business anywhere except for, like, hair and nail places

all Dollar Generals, private equity-owned medical companies, tanning spots, fast food, gas stations

the mom-and-pop store or restaurant is just fully gone from small town America unless you go like super rural

Still think they're are some restaurants (not many), but yea just normal local retail is dead dead.

This is amazing. You've got boots with shorts, a bobcat attack, a man holding a bobcat at arms length and then shot putting said bobcat, then a guy pulling a pistol on a bobcat while screeching I'm gonna get that fucker. At least the coffee didn't spill.

Durham is getting a Jeni’s Ice Cream later this year. Incline now officially official.

Given the size of the animal it looks like the cats fully elongated tail flaps when he chucks it, I’m gonna have to second guess his identification of the animal as a bobcat.

we got an invite to a wedding in June and the venue is a farm less than 10 mins away from us. the address is...Browntown Rd. hmm.

I've never been to Jeni's because I will not wait in any line unless I absolutely have to

We need somewhere for the Google employees and other gentrifiers to get ice cream.

the Jeni's with the longest line is down the block from the Google offices here

i doubt Jeni's delivers to my beach-side neighborhood, but good to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back