• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent an hour cleaning up last night so the cleaning lady could come today.

We have to reserve a spot for our dogs at daycare in advance but fucked up and they couldn’t go for 2 weeks which meant we had to skip our bi-weekly cleaner. Hit us on both levels because we had to deal with our annoying ass dogs while both working from home AND our house was dirty as hell. Fortunately they were able to come back today and it’s so glorious being in a completely clean house.

Woah, your wife doesn't work and she's got a housekeeper? Wake Forest is awesome.

Haha. She went to UCF (my wife, not the housekeeper... er, cleaning ladies).

It's once a month for like $200. Considering our house is like 10,000 sq ft, that's a bargain.

*Our house is not really 10,000 sq ft (it's much bigger)

It's once a month for like $200. Considering our house is like 10,000 sq ft, that's a bargain.

Now I am upset I’m not crashing at your place.

it felt like a HUGE step to hire a person to clean and it's definitely a luxury but I love it

feel a lot better about it now that I have it set up to pay the person directly and it doesn't go through an agency

wow, I think she may be guilty about underpaying after all

it's been a minute(I think): what trader joe's products are you digging lately?

I'm digging the fermented jalapeno slices

full disclosure my wife coincidentally asked if we could get a housekeeper for when she's busy/tired just the other day. One of my lifegoals is to get an in-home bowling alley, but everything I read on them say you need to clean them like 2x a day. That seems..... excessive. Would def require a live in housekeeper. Would need to also get a backyard putting green that requires daily mowing to justify it and keep em busy.

full disclosure my wife coincidentally asked if we could get a housekeeper for when she's busy/tired just the other day. One of my lifegoals is to get an in-home bowling alley, but everything I read on them say you need to clean them like 2x a day. That seems..... excessive. Would def require a live in housekeeper. Would need to also get a backyard putting green that requires daily mowing to justify it and keep em busy.

Palma drinks your milkshake.

I spent an hour cleaning up last night so the cleaning lady could come today.

I'm kind of glad you aren't coming by our house on your trip down here, only because my wife would insist upon having us clean the house ahead of your arrival. Which is so dumb. Why create a facade of what our house looks like? We have 3 kids... It's no secret what that does to someone's dwelling.

Since I’m an absolute child, my by far favorite thing is their “Sublime Ice Cream Sandwiches”. They are sooooo good.

My wife bought the honey vanilla Greek yogurt the other day for the first time and hoooo boy. Way too much sugar to be healthy, but basically tastes like breakfast ice cream. The pork & chicken gyoza with the gyoza dipping sauce are staples, as are cauliflower gnocchi, their prosciutto, and the McDonalds style hash brown patties.

Btw, is taking your dogs to a dog sitter while you work from home the most WFU thing ever?

Btw, is taking your dogs to a dog sitter while you work from home the most WFU thing ever?

If we're busy/the weather has sucked/we know we're not going to get her any exercise, we'll occasionally take our dog to daycare. But that was primarily when we lived in our townhouse. Dog is loving the half acre life these days.

my other 17 y/o is applying for a job at trader joes. fingers crossed so i can get the full scoop on all the cool products.

well I can't speak about from Mako's point of origin, but checking Google Maps rn, it would be 7 mins quicker from my house to downtown Atl by going this way vs 26, cutting through Greenville and 85.

Been through this before, it can be called Atlanta but the shits nowhere near Atlanta. Also DeacATS must be making a killing with a million dollar+ house and one income.

Been through this before, it can be called Atlanta but the shits nowhere near Atlanta. Also DeacATS must be making a killing with a million dollar+ house and one income.

Oh yeah true. But still I was looking more for getting out of NC and just entered Atlanta on Google Maps. Obviously once you get to the area anything could happen WRT traffic, no matter which way you come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back