• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it I-95 where the quality of road changes dramatically when you cross the VA/NC line?

is it I-95 where the quality of road changes dramatically when you cross the VA/NC line?

That's definitely part of it, but also around downtown, and Arthur Ashe Blvd.

I also had to go over a curb in my company sedan to get to the burger joint yesterday.

The roads in The Fan are old and weird, but The Fan is cool. That's about all I remember of Richmond.

Last edited:
I feel like VA uses their entire budget for putting a state trooper every 100 yards.

Last edited:
good point
But seriously, I feel like every small town in Virginia makes half their annual budget writing tickets. I got my only speeding ticket to date doing 65 on the interstate in some small town right at the border with NC. Speed limit sign was both sudden and hidden. Paid the fee and unsurprisingly they never bothered to send NC the ticket info.

went to see DMB open the JPJ Arena in Cville while at Wake and friend driving got a speeding ticket on 29. He got another when when going back up there to do a court appearance.

Having married someone from Lynchburg, I'm used to negotiating the 29 speed traps. At first from DC through Cville and down into Lburg when we lived there, now up through Danville heading north.

Ha, my only speeding ticket was also in Virginia driving from the Outer Banks up to Norfolk. Speed limit dropped from 55 to 45 and I didn’t see the sign.

i have never gotten a moving violation as i have never violated the LAW

Google Maps should make a loud declaration of what the speed limit is and the number of tickets given within an area. Pretty much only use it when traveling to unfamiliar places. You are now entering Glenn, SC the speed limit has dropped from 55mph to 25mph, Glenn has given out 3,332 speeding tickets in the last year.

Virginia even designs their roads with those tree-covered cutouts for cops to hide in

very obnoxious state to drive through

for all of you lawbreakers i would simply suggest you stop breaking the law

Google Maps should make a loud declaration of what the speed limit is and the number of tickets given within an area. Pretty much only use it when traveling to unfamiliar places. You are now entering Glenn, SC the speed limit has dropped from 55mph to 25mph, Glenn has given out 3,332 speeding tickets in the last year.

both our cars have a feature in the info screen in the gauge cluster where it shows the speed limit of the road you're on. I guess it's tied to the navigation system so could change without being updated in your system, but has been useful overall.

My GF while at wake was from DC-ish and my parents had a lake house at Smith Mountain Lake. Certainly no shortage of troopers along those routes.

When I first moved to VA I was coming from FL where the speed limits are barely suggestions and got pulled over on a downhill going 82 in a 65, which in VA is reckless driving. I assumed I’d just pay a ticket but because I was under 18 I had to go to court. Two lawyers outside were talking about how this judge liked to sentence reckless drivers to the full 5 days allowed by law.

Picking their representative candidates by a convention instead of with a primary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back