• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was young and dumb I used to drink a metric ton of leinenkugel sunset wheat every summer. Now the thought of it kind of makes me ill.

fruity+pebbles+boba+tea

hey man, just a question. i don't think it is either, but a lot of times during the summer i find myself wanting cold, crappy domestic beer.

unfortunately the masses are either drinking ultras or hard seltzers. or modelos.

When I was young and dumb I used to drink a metric ton of leinenkugel sunset wheat every summer. Now the thought of it kind of makes me ill.

is that the one that tastes like fruity pebbles

i used to crush those at pint night at fox and hound

unfortunately the masses are either drinking ultras or hard seltzers. or modelos.

What's wrong with a Modelo and lime? Modelo Negra also pretty dece. Far, far, superior to Corona and a step above Tecate (also good), IMHO. Pacifico probably my favorite Mexican beer though.

also, Thirsty Monk here just opened a seltzer and sushi spot. Guess they have a whole line of hard seltzers now.

pacifico/sol

tecate/modelo

corona

all require limes to be palatable tho

also a fan of just adding a lime to any shit american light lager, much better to have a bud light with a lime in it than drink bud light lime

I enjoy the Mexican styled beers that breweries are putting out. Go to beach drink last year was Stone Buenaveza salt and lime lager.

I saw where White Claw is building a $300 million brewery(?) (seltzery?) in Columbia

the profit margin is so much higher than beers, it has been a godsend for some breweries during pandemic

at The Whale you can pay a buck and they add Tajin, lime juice and hot sauce to any of their canned beers. Usually they have a particular one picked out each week. Recently it was Edmund Oast sour peach.

I saw where White Claw is building a $300 million brewery(?) (seltzery?) in Columbia

Yes, Mark Anthony Brands is killing it. Brewery is what they're calling it. SC also getting a Gallo Bottling Plant in the Upstate.

What's wrong with a Modelo and lime? Modelo Negra also pretty dece. Far, far, superior to Corona and a step above Tecate (also good), IMHO. Pacifico probably my favorite Mexican beer though.

I was just pointing out his premise was kind of flawed, if there's a "beer of the summer" it is likely to be above-premium (although Ultra is beer-flavored water to me), a seltzer, or non-domestic. I'll drink Hard Seltzers and Modelos all day. Modelo is one of my favorite Mexican beers but I like Bohemia and Dos Equis a lot too!

at The Whale you can pay a buck and they add Tajin, lime juice and hot sauce to any of their canned beers. Usually they have a particular one picked out each week. Recently it was Edmund Oast sour peach.

love me some micheladas

I've yet to drink a seltzer. Is it like a Zima or Smirnoff Ice?

I've complained about this before but I've been really digging Pilsners and it's hard to find good ones outside the best of the liquor stores/bottle shops

Pilsner Summer 2021 imo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back