• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juice, next time you’re down in the Triangle grab some of the Ponysaurus Pilsner. I like it a lot.

I like la croix as much as the next person but those are for times when I’m intentionally not having alcohol. If I am then beer. Particularly in this age of absurdly available quality beer.

I've complained about this before but I've been really digging Pilsners and it's hard to find good ones outside the best of the liquor stores/bottle shops

Pilsner Summer 2021 imo!

I'm also team Pilsner. I like Pilsner Urquell and Czechvar as much as any of the good local options.

my favorite summer beer has always been brooklyn summer. sam's summer is p good too i guess. and obvs oberon

I've been drinking a lot of oberons lately. I loved that beer when I was first getting into beers in my late teens and early twenties but haven't had many since.

These days a chuggable session ipa is my typical summer beer such as founders all day IPA. But I’m still on board with domestics like yuengling, high life and hamms and there’s usually a case of that in the garage.

I like la croix as much as the next person but those are for times when I’m intentionally not having alcohol. If I am then beer. Particularly in this age of absurdly available quality beer.

you do you, dude. i don't think seltzers are better than beer by any measure, but sometimes i don't want something that tastes like beer, ya know? their pretty light at 100 or so cals, very little if any carbs, and 5%+. caloric intake in drinks is a driving factor in what i decide to drink. about two years ago i had put on 20 or so lbs almost exclusively due to calorie heavy beer intake + not as much exercise as now. putting down 3 two hearted sets you back over 600 calories.

you do you, dude. i don't think seltzers are better than beer by any measure, but sometimes i don't want something that tastes like beer, ya know? their pretty light at 100 or so cals, very little if any carbs, and 5%+. caloric intake in drinks is a driving factor in what i decide to drink. about two years ago i had put on 20 or so lbs almost exclusively due to calorie heavy beer intake + not as much exercise as now. putting down 3 two hearted sets you back over 600 calories.

If I want something non-beer and I'm either at home, at a friends house, or at a bar, I'll have a mixed drink (G&T or Transfusion). The only time I could see seltzers being the play would be beach or lake if I didn't want beer and didn't want to bother making a big Yeti mixed drink to nurse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back