• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: An Idiot Abroad: Spain or Italy or France !????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoever made this ranch water tonight (me) went a little heavy on the tequila

My 7yo just asked “dad, do I really exist” and I was all like let me ask phan and Kory and I’ll get back to you.

I can confirm she exists! The problem is How/In What Way!

that's a dope thing for a kid to say and I would defs have a lot of fun talking with a kid if they asked me that

u should have gone straight up Descartes and been done with it

"well do you think"
"then u is"

that's a dope thing for a kid to say and I would defs have a lot of fun talking with a kid if they asked me that

I didn’t have the heart to tell her that she was only a manifestation of my consciousness just like the all the rest or you

My 7yo just asked “dad, do I really exist” and I was all like let me ask phan and Kory and I’ll get back to you.
Damn, that shit freaks me out. I'm no philosopher and ontology hurts my head

But thanks for thInking of me! Therefore I am.

Better than solipsism is phenomenology, which I guess aligns better with my general interests

Tried to watch et with the kids tonight and somehow had repressed that the first 20 mins of that movie are legit terrifying so guess where I’m sleeping tonight.

Back