• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: An Idiot Abroad: Spain or Italy or France !????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cookout, let's talk about how much money/equipment I need to give you to make pasting a screenshot into this forum easy to do. Have something like a rolling 30-day image bank for folks. I can get you 10 terrabytes of disk space fairly easily, I would think.

I'd live just for a tweet button or the ability to just paste a tweet URL and have it embed in the post (this works on another forum I'm on)

I'd live just for a tweet button or the ability to just paste a tweet URL and have it embed in the post (this works on another forum I'm on)

I just link the tweet and then ask one of y’all to fix it for me. Works every time.

on a work call and someone just said their dog will grab a loaf of bread when possible and eat it. bag included. it then dumps a poop filled bag. i'm calling bs on this being a regular occurrence.

YB another good podcast if you like SNL is the Fly on the Wall podcast with David Spade and Dana Carvey. I love old SNL war stories, which you hear a lot of on Conan's podcast when he has an SNL-adjacent guest on, but this podcast is all that.

Cookout, let's talk about how much money/equipment I need to give you to make pasting a screenshot into this forum easy to do. Have something like a rolling 30-day image bank for folks. I can get you 10 terrabytes of disk space fairly easily, I would think.

yeah this has gotten sooo much worse with the downfall of imgur as a reliable re-hoster.. the issue is probably not disk space so much as how it'll affect network throughput, in general I think we're pretty constrained on our current host

i've just been slammed w/ a stressful work project the last couple months, really need to find time to a) figure out logistics on migration to new software and seeing what can be preserved and b) figuring out a new host because i'm tired of being on a UK provider

new software will definitely handle twitter/tiktok/etc shit a lot better at least

Blow up the servers and send them into a black hole.

It's the only way to prevent people from looking up old Sheep answers.

Probably will need to archive or get rid of old enough stuff. Our DB size is fucking massive for a forum right now. 5 year rule on archiving threads and we'd probably have enough disk space to offer some self-hosting options.

Does anyone else have an irrational fear that something is living in your shoes waiting to bite you when you put them on because I shake my shoes out every time

sounds like some childhood trauma. Did you have a priest who used to nibble on your toes?

I’d hardly call that irrational. I remember as a kid walking around a whole day with what turned out to be a smushed cockroach in my shoe. So to this day I still make sure to check on any weird lumps I feel in the shoe.

Does anyone else have an irrational fear that something is living in your shoes waiting to bite you when you put them on because I shake my shoes out every time

I vividly remember a news story when I was a kid about a girl that got got by a black widow in her shoe so I do the shake every time.

Back