• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: An Idiot Abroad: Spain or Italy or France !????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife is from the area that is now The Villages. It’s an interesting place.

Here's an aspiration for the mountain folk of NC. Ron Rice who grew up in Asheville, NC and became a high school chemistry teacher and football coach passed away last week in Ormond Beach, FL. He liked the beach and became a lifeguard in Florida during his summer months off from school. In 1969 he used his knowledge of chemistry to mix up some chemicals in a 20 gallon garbage can and produced a coconut scented sun tan lotion. His dad loaned him $500 to get bottles and labels. He bottled and sold it using the brand "Hawaiian Tropic."

Within a few years he had a factory making the stuff and he started the Hawaiian Tropic beauty pageants to promote the products. He became known as the "Suntan King" and the "Hugh Hefner of Florida." He loaned his Lamborghini to Burt Reynolds for a scene in "Cannonball Run."

RIP, Ron. It was a helluva ride.

I’m watching Unforgiven for the first time in a looooooong time. And I’m struck by 2 observations:

1) It looks way older than a ‘92 movie; and
2) Morgan Freeman and Clint Eastwood were cast as over the bill cowboys 30 years ago.

I’m watching Unforgiven for the first time in a looooooong time. And I’m struck by 2 observations:

2) Morgan Freeman and Clint Eastwood were cast as over the bill cowboys 30 years ago.

I think the same thing every time I watch Lonesome Dove. Duvall and Jones were old men in that movie and it was about 35 years ago.

Four of the Spice Girls with Prince Charles. Not sure where Posh is.

GettyImages-76973765.jpg.pro-cmg.jpg

Wake Forest really could have cleaned up on NIL back when W-S had Mr. Peanut and Camel cigarettes. Now all we have is Texas Fucking Pete.

One of my favorite moments of Drive to Survive was learning that Christian Horner married a Spice Girl.

there's a really jarring Unforgiven reference in Cyberpunk 2077

Wake Forest really could have cleaned up on NIL back when W-S had Mr. Peanut and Camel cigarettes. Now all we have is Texas Fucking Pete.

This is true. RJR could have been a big player in that market.

Back