• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: An Idiot Abroad: Spain or Italy or France !????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I looked at it on a map and the villages aren’t close to the coast but the life they live sounds pretty good

Man, LA is awesome. I just paid $1 to get from LAX to westwood.

Already scouting nearby subways for lunch delivery

Go to Palmeri’s in Brentwood and grab some squid ink crab ravioli in a saffron sauce and some cannoli’s and thank me later

Kinda hard to imagine the guy leading marvel studios now was involved in Ben Afleck’s daredevil (watching now)

Although I personally love the amount of evanescence in the soundtrack

where were you when you learned the lyrics were "blew out my flip flop/stepped on a pop-top" and not "stepped on a pop-tart"?

Probably the first time I heard the song because pop tops were real when I was a kid.

idk but I did just see a Margaritaville-branded housing development just outside Hilton Head. seems a major coup that it's not at Myrtle Beach. no way that's not a swinger community, right?

https://www.latitudemargaritaville.com/hilton-head

They are planning a couple more, so don't count out the dirty Myrtle yet. Also I will unabashedly admit that when I realize I will never be able to retire to Kiawah as I have dreamed to do so due to the rising ocean levels and cost of home ownership, you will find me at a Margaritaville retirement community.

Go to Palmeri’s in Brentwood and grab some squid ink crab ravioli in a saffron sauce and some cannoli’s and thank me later
Do I really want to eat at a restaurant named after you?

Just kidding, I marked it on my Google maps

Starting to download some podcasts for the drive cross country. Any recommendations? Not huge on true crime pods.

Been enjoying the Always Sunny podcast with Charlie, Glenn and Rob. Smartless and the Conan podcast good as well, and I will still listen to Comedy Bang Bang.

My dad has some friends that have moved to something similar, The villages I think, and they do nothing but rave about it. I would be ok if I ended up like them just chilling in a beach front community without kids & lots of things to do.

Isn't that where there was a bunch of actual voter fraud and lots of orgies?

Man, LA is awesome. I just paid $1 to get from LAX to westwood.

Already scouting nearby subways for lunch delivery

LA is super awesome. Hope you get to enjoy some sweet stuff. I probably enjoyed the vibe of the East side more but generally had a great time overall.

LA is super awesome. Hope you get to enjoy some sweet stuff. I probably enjoyed the vibe of the East side more but generally had a great time overall.
Staying in Westwood for work, but then heading east to stay with our mutual high school friend.

Only big plans are the galaxy-Austin FC game on Sunday. Go green trees!

Chat Thread: Rock the Rhythm That'll Make Your Body Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it wildly expensive? I could impress some foodies tonight

Depends if ya think $25 for ravioli is expensive. I’ve never taken anyone there that doesn’t like it, but there are few “name” trendier restaurants right next door which will give you a much higher chance of celebrity sightings. A.O.C (the place Jennifer garner said hi to me!) is next door as well as Toscana (more well known Italian) and baltaire (overpriced trendy steakhouse).

At Palmeri’s you’re likely to be the only one under the age of 60. Easily the best Risotto I’ve ever had as well on that menu.

Q’s billiards is a college bar with 20 pool tables is nearby and popular and also a good celebrity spot right near ya (kenny bania is known to frequent!), and about 2-3 miles down the road is a good Boston bar called Sonny McLeans which is my home dart bar which would be good on a night the Celtics are playing tomorrow.

Last edited:
As a college professor, I tend to avoid college bars.

But thanks for these recs. I'm basically a long walk from all of these. I'll see what this crew wants to do for dinner, but a $25 entree is not at all what I'd consider "wildly expensive", so it sounds great

Also, students here do not dress like students where I live. Also it's like 80° and everybody is in coats and sweatshirts.

Back