• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: An Idiot Abroad: Spain or Italy or France !????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Have somehow always known it was “pop top”

2. Once stayed in a Margaritaville Resort in Gatlinburg, and it was…actually pretty nice.

3. Always Sunny Podcast is excellent. I also recommend “Dumb People Town” hosted by the Sklar Brothers

Might take the bus to Huntington Beach to buy a beer from Monica

Being a college professor sucks if it shames you into thinking you don’t want to be at bars with grad students when out of town

Being a college professor sucks if it shames you into thinking you don’t want to be at bars with grad students when out of town

Not gonna disagree with this point. Though I don't think it's shame keeping him out of college bars.

tbf i'm a grad student and don't like to be at bars with grad students when out of town

For non college bars I’d probably head towards Main Street in Santa Monica and go to library ale house . Not touristy like the promenade area, but main street is super walkable, nice, and that bar has Pliny on tap. Definitely a more 30 year old professional vibe

phan, you're gonna get laid !!!! LA chicks are EASY !

Fuckin people on bikes. Had to make a right turn followed by an immediate left turn. Managed to almost hit the same damn bicyclist twice

“As long as I gaze in Waterloo sunset I am in paradise”

Single turns 55 this year

Thank you all for indulging my LA commentary.

I don't want to hang out with undergrads.

I'd probably have a great time hanging with grad students and professional students, as long as they're not in my field, especially because most of them are proper adults.

It just gets weird sometimes when I've progressed further in my career and there's some *implication*

At Rocco's now, in Westwood Village, and not a single undergrad in the bar. But yeah there are a lot of attractive people living in this city

At Rocco's now, in Westwood Village, and not a single undergrad in the bar. But yeah there are a lot of attractive people living in this city

you dont know that there isn't an undergrad. what about a non-traditional student? ageism is mean

As usual Barca's irrational obsession gets in way of reality. They use the freshest Maine lobsters for the lobster roll. I'd say the mix is about 2/3 claw meat and 1/3 lobster tail. If they use mayo, it's BARELY there. I don't like mayo and wouldn't eat if if it was prominnet. It seems they might use some sort of light oil as the binder.

O'Connells is a big Red Sox/Pats bar. I'm guessing someone they know produces the Maine-styled rolls.

l.jpg

Anyone else sometimes get really nauseous after a good yoga practice?

Thank you all for indulging my LA commentary.

I don't want to hang out with undergrads.

I'd probably have a great time hanging with grad students and professional students, as long as they're not in my field, especially because most of them are proper adults.

It just gets weird sometimes when I've progressed further in my career and there's some *implication*

Good call on not hanging out with the people who study whatever it is you call it.

Back