• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: An Idiot Abroad: Spain or Italy or France !????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u should download the audiobook for Cryptonomicon, it's ~45 hrs long and awesome

Jesus Christ. Townie, TK, Strickland, and Wakephan could collectively masturbate over this opinion for eons.

https://www.ca4.uscourts.gov/opinions/221251.P.pdf

Here's a taste:

As Representative Cawthorn ultimately acknowledges, participles are a form of verbs—a form that comes in both “past” and “present” varieties. Id. at 30 n.5; accord Webster’s Third International 1646 (Philip Babcock Gove ed., 2002) (defining “participle” as “a word having the characteristics of both verb and adjective; esp: the English verbal adjective . . . that has the function of an adjective and at the same time shows such verbal features as tense and voice and capacity to take an object”). Here, Congress employed the past-tense version, indicating its intent to lift only those disabilities that had by then been “imposed.” Cf. Costello v. INS, 376 U.S. 120, 123–24 (1964) (referring to the past participle in “have been” as a “use of the past tense” (quotation marks omitted)).

The operative clause’s principal verb—“removed”—reinforces this conclusion. In the mid-nineteenth century, as today, that word generally connoted taking away something that already exists rather than forestalling something yet to come. Dr. Webster’s Complete Dictionary of the English Language 1116 (Chauncey A. Goodrich & Noah Porter, eds., 1864) (defining “remove” when used as a verb: “To cause to change place; to move away from the position occupied; to displace.” (emphasis added))

Only noobs cite anything but the oed

Also lawyers, am I right? The worst!

where were you when you learned the lyrics were "blew out my flip flop/stepped on a pop-top" and not "stepped on a pop-tart"?

Man, LA is awesome. I just paid $1 to get from LAX to westwood.

Already scouting nearby subways for lunch delivery

idk but I did just see a Margaritaville-branded housing development just outside Hilton Head. seems a major coup that it's not at Myrtle Beach. no way that's not a swinger community, right?

https://www.latitudemargaritaville.com/hilton-head

My dad has some friends that have moved to something similar, The villages I think, and they do nothing but rave about it. I would be ok if I ended up like them just chilling in a beach front community without kids & lots of things to do.

Last edited:
My dad has some friends that have moved to something similar, SunCity I think, and they do nothing but rave about it. I would be ok if I ended up like them just chilling in a beach front community without kids & lots of things to do.

this is not on the island, it's on the main road in, so it's just a straight up suburban housing development

Back