• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: An Idiot Abroad: Spain or Italy or France !????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I struggle to wrap my head around the national formula shortage. The formula market relies on misinformation to sustainably exist. Some of the most evil and greedy companies in the world are involved. They've used unethical sales tactics to create a market where there's literally a free supply of a competitor's product.

Can you expand on this?

Can you expand on this?

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Profe...eport entitled,in 1977, which continues today.

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/milk-f...s-to-win-over-infant-formula-critics/45473338

“Nestlé and Danone are leading the push for formulas and growing-up milks for children from 6 to 36 months and even upwards to nine years old,” she said. “They use the same branding as infant formula or very similar, so parents then see the logos for infant formula and think this is a whole trajectory.”

She believes the new product formulations are simply a marketing ploy. “All the follow-on formulas and the growing-up milks and junior milks, they're just not necessary,” Rundall told swissinfo.ch.

“They should come off the market. But the market has become so huge, no one wants to do that, and they know it gets around the code.”

If it's legal, Nestle will do it to generate profit. If it's illegal and they won't suffer a penalty, Nestle will do it to generate a profit. They are the poster child for people who hate capitalism.

I struggle to wrap my head around the national formula shortage. The formula market relies on misinformation to sustainably exist. Some of the most evil and greedy companies in the world are involved. They've used unethical sales tactics to create a market where there's literally a free supply of a competitor's product.

Its only in the US there is a shortage, because of FDA regulations and America first policies that keep out foreign made formulas. The rest of the world isn't having a shortage. One thing everyone keeps telling us to do is switch to Amazon.ca and have them send formula. America's formula supply is controlled entirely by 3 companies.

update on the teenager clothing outcome: men's wearhouse had a few options and belk had lots of choices. So now my boys can look sharp at a wedding this weekend.

ha. what reminded me to share that was the Rex Orange County reference - my 15 y/o boy loves them

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Profe...eport entitled,in 1977, which continues today.

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/milk-f...s-to-win-over-infant-formula-critics/45473338

If it's legal, Nestle will do it to generate profit. If it's illegal and they won't suffer a penalty, Nestle will do it to generate a profit. They are the poster child for people who hate capitalism.

I mean, I agree that they are capitalist corporations doing shady shit.

But the formula market exists because breastfeeding does not work for all families. And there needs to be alternative sources for nutrition for those families or else the babies would die. That is not misinformation.

also this is great

I mean, I agree that they are capitalist corporations doing shady shit.

But the formula market exists because breastfeeding does not work for all families. And there needs to be alternative sources for nutrition for those families or else the babies would die. That is not misinformation.

yeah that blurb is about the toddler drinks and such, but babies literally can't drink anything but breast milk or formula and when the former isn't available, you have to do the latter. and in some cases like with Timmy Clutch and our son when he was first on it, you need something other than the standard formula. this was a major fuck-up that could've been avoided and there are a lot of parties to blame, but America First capitalism is a big one.

Not sure what I was thinking to be honest...you right though, it's "Creep" by STP that I was trying to reference. That's my bad.

your song title/artist reminds me of the days of Napster/Limewire when stuff like that would be common

Back