• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: An Idiot Abroad: Spain or Italy or France !????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Reiser comes on Stranger Things.

Stoned wife “is that coach?”
Me “No it’s Paul Reiser”
Stoned wife “He was on that 90s sitcom”
Me “Mad About You”
Stoned Wife “no, no, no, no…….yessssss, you know, with Jodie Foster”

And scene.

A similar conversation happens every single time we start a new show.

I'll mention how one of the actors was also a character in the last show that we watched and she'll get this blank look on her face.

THE SHOW WE WATCHED YESTERDAY! THAT GUY. WAS ON IT. PLAYED SOMEONE ELSE.

Then she'll say she remembers when she still has no clue.

it's a slap in our collective face that cookout, biff, and the other homophobes that run this board have not plastered the site with pride flags

Pride originated with drag queens rebelling against excessive message board moderation!!

#NoMessageBoardModeratorsatPride

the pride stuff is pretty shameless but not sure anything will top companies falling over themselves over how much black lives matter to them after george floyd in summer 2020

I'll mention how one of the actors was also a character in the last show that we watched and she'll get this blank look on her face.

that's pretty much what i do, except i'm the forgetter. i say i remember because i don't want my wife to think i'm developing early onset alzheimers. doesn't help that she remembers EVERYTHING and it's a foreign concept to her that i could just forget things that we once talked about.

speaking of gay stuff the new season of somebody feed phil is out and we enjoyed the oaxaca episode

Me “No it’s Paul Reiser”
Me “Mad About You”

And scene.

Gotta love Coach, Craig T. Nelson, very self aware guy

[video]https://www.cc.com/video/thzt6m/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-moment-of-zen-craig-t-nelson-on-glenn-beck[/video]

Me “No it’s Paul Reiser”
Me “Mad About You”

And scene.

Not sure if it's been discussed, but Enzo the Russian prison guard also played Jaqen H'ghar on Game of Thrones.

Stranger-Things-trailer-reveal-548c38a.jpg

My mom keeps asking if I've watched the Stanley Tucci CNN show about Italy. Wife and I are looking at taking a 10-year anniversary trip next year to either Spain or Italy. Biff or rj, please share recommendations. Thinking of getting a villa in Tuscany.

https://ifiordalisi.com/ is great. It's in a tiny town called Trequanda and we LOVE it. You can rent the whole house for €10,000 for a week, but that only works if you have a number of couples or families going. It's a big house. There are a couple of smaller places that are attached to it that you can rent alone if it's just the two of you. (Disclosure: the house is owned by a family member; at least one other poster here has stayed there in the past and loved it.)

If you go there, this restaurant https://guide.michelin.com/us/en/tos...il-conte-matto is about 20 yards down the street from the house. Spend a day in Siena and let me know if you do - I have an amazing tour guide to recommend.

If you go to spain, Barcelona and Seville and Granada were our favorite cities. No family connections there but spain in summer is not very expensive. my advice is to drink sangria everywhere and marvel at the variety of ways it's served.

Fuck me, this is universal across the wife spectrum. Jesus fuck.

I think my next non-soccer trip to Europe will be to the Mediterranean. Hopefully sometime next year. Should I prioritize Italy or Spain?

If you go to spain, Barcelona and Seville and Granada were our favorite cities. No family connections there but spain in summer is not very expensive. my advice is to drink sangria everywhere and marvel at the variety of ways it's served.

I got Spain covered. If we went we’d do Barcelona and San Sebastián. But then we got talking and as a kid my family went to Tuscany multiple times and it was amazing. The villa we stayed at was right outside Siena and would just drive around exploring the small towns. So if we went there we’d do something similar.

I got Spain covered. If we went we’d do Barcelona and San Sebastián. But then we got talking and as a kid my family went to Tuscany multiple times and it was amazing. The villa we stayed at was right outside Siena and would just drive around exploring the small towns. So if we went there we’d do something similar.

Yeah that’s what the place above is like. It’s about equidistant from montepulciano, montalcino, and Siena.

Back