• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: An Idiot Abroad: Spain or Italy or France !????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I repped this to mako but it's definitely a harsh side effect of infertility that even after you adopt a child and then not being able to feed them naturally. I imagine those feelings would be amplified right now when people are unable to just pick up formula at the store.

Then I reply repped Cav for some reason about the difficulty that we had conceiving for like 5 years and now I wish I hadn't explained it and just let him sit there and wonder about where the fuck that came from.

Please send any extra breast milk or formula to Olivia Munn.

[/B]

That's wild. Anyone who has had kids knows that them shits will sleep anywhere. They will pass out on a pile of gravel if they want. The only time they don't sleep is if you want them to sleep.

lol, I assume we're talking about the SNOO here, that thing is pretty neat

when your kid is struggling to sleep through any stretches at night, you truly will think about trying anything.. I think I was close to ordering one of those a few different times but luckily my wife talked me out of it and our kid improved on his own in a normal bassinet

3GQB.gif

on the list of "things I know are supposedly bad but how bad is it really?" is re-using a bottled water bottle

like, I don't even know what BPA is and why isn't it such a big deal until I try to reuse the bottle?

Don't know if this has been answered yet, but BPA is a chemical in plastics that leaches out into liquids, especially when heated. It acts as a hormone disruptor in humans and has been linked to lowered sperm counts and infertility in men. Repeated use is only a problem (I think) because the leaching tends to increase as the plastic ages.

Sounds like we need to re-use water bottles even more if abortions are gonna become illegal.

Sounds like we need to re-use water bottles even more if abortions are gonna become illegal.

gop will ban plastic water bottles next because of this, thus somehow also becoming an earth-conscious party???

Then I reply repped Cav for some reason about the difficulty that we had conceiving for like 5 years and now I wish I hadn't explained it and just let him sit there and wonder about where the fuck that came from.

Yes. That would have been very odd.

Don't know if this has been answered yet, but BPA is a chemical in plastics that leaches out into liquids, especially when heated. It acts as a hormone disruptor in humans and has been linked to lowered sperm counts and infertility in men. Repeated use is only a problem (I think) because the leaching tends to increase as the plastic ages.

is it just the weaker plastic in bottled water that makes it a problem for those but not for, say, a nalgene?

is it just the weaker plastic in bottled water that makes it a problem for those but not for, say, a nalgene?

Yes. Soft plastics have more BPA than hard plastics. Nalgene is supposedly BPA free. It's not just a water bottle problem either, coke bottles, juice, basically all plastics have varying amounts of BPA, unless they specifically removed it, like Nalgene.

Yes. Soft plastics have more BPA than hard plastics. Nalgene is supposedly BPA free. It's not just a water bottle problem either, coke bottles, juice, basically all plastics have varying amounts of BPA, unless they specifically removed it, like Nalgene.

So what is more likely to give me cancer, the preworkout I dump into the reused water bottle or the reused water bottle itself?

At least Tilt doesn't have to get that snip snip done. Just reuse the water bottle.

Loud and proud!

76197fee26802966441231227757cfa7.jpg

Just to clarify, and mostly because nobody commented (nor gives a damn), I do NOT have a Tough Mudder tattoo.

I do not, in fact, have any tattoos.

I just have a Prince Albert. But you can only see that when I wear my tight shorts.

I read this the first time as the "preworkout dump into the reused water bottle" and I was definitely going to go with that.

Oh man, preworkout dumps are definitely toxic.

And don't let ATS fool you. His wife made him get a Tough Mudder tat.

Back